RWG mobile phone ESIM Three (13 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 16, 2009
Casnewydd /Newport,Gwent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt LowL
Exp
20 years motorhoming, 20 years as a tugger!
I have been with RWG for a few years on their EE network. No problem working on roaming in Europe inc Spain

Made a fatal decision to swap from EE to the ESIM Three service provider a month ago

Three days ago flew into Malaga could not get any service on my iPhone 14 from any service provider here yes switched to roaming rebooted phone can not call out or any data usage
Tried to contact the abysmal pathetic RWG by email and web service twice a day by using WiFi but no reply. Using my wife s phone finally got through to a non techie promised to sort out two days ago but nothing
This must be the most useless service provider in the UK
Any observations please

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect no one has replied because an RWG eSIM is probably a very niche subject. I use an EE sim (physical one) as my main provider in the router and it has worked well in France and Spain. I started with 3 many years ago and it was OK. I suspect your issue isn't about coverage but something to do with roaming permissions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A
Oct 16, 2009
Casnewydd /Newport,Gwent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt LowL
Exp
20 years motorhoming, 20 years as a tugger!
I suspect no one has replied because an RWG eSIM is probably a very niche subject. I use an EE sim (physical one) as my main provider in the router and it has worked well in France and Spain. I started with 3 many years ago and it was OK. I suspect your issue isn't about coverage but something to do with roaming permissions.
I have found out that the reason why it was not working and still not working is that RWG “FORGOT “ to turn on roaming Have you ever heard of such a scenario that your supplier does and has not got the facilities to turn it on themselves. They have to use a third party and they don’t work weekends!!

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have found out that the reason why it was not working and still not working is that RWG “FORGOT “ to turn on roaming Have you ever heard of such a scenario that your supplier does and has not got the facilities to turn it on themselves. They have to use a third party and they don’t work weekends!!
RWG use EE in the UK from what I've read. They have no masts of their own. So presumably to get roaming outside the UK they have to set this up through EE unless they have struck their own deals with operators outside the UK which sounds unlikely to me but it might be correct.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Malibu PVC
Exp
40+ years Caravanning & M/homes
I believe RWG now use '3' network for their eSIMs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
RWG 'lost' all the credit on my PAYG sim then cut me off, no idea why, took ages to get a reply from them about the issue and was then told it would be referred to EE to sort out, as I waited a couple of days but couldn't leave it any longer due to it being the main contact for Mum's care home, banking etc, I switched to a Three PAYG sim I already had. Never did get a response from RWG. The shame is that it was one of the old sims with a free allowance of minutes, texts and data each month, not a lot but sufficient for the odd call I needed to make.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I was a big fan of RWG.

Alas they constantly let me down and I moved to Tesco. Twice when I went abroad the SIM wouldn’t work.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back