Review of MoTus Commercials Glasgow (Fiat Professional) (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I mentioned on another thread regarding Fiat Professional's that I would do a review once my van was fixed.

For those who aren't aware of my issue, I had the TPMS warning light come on and my mileage was flashing. I took the van to my local garage who said they couldn't connect to it and advised I go to Fiat, I then took my van to North East Trucks in Carlisle for a small recall job and while there asked them to have a look at my TPMS system. NET were awful and I wouldn't go back as they told me no alarms where coming up and it was probably my valves, had them checked and no issues so then decided to contact Motus as they're my next nearest Fiat Professional. The van was due it's first MOT and would fail for this.

I called Motus and the receptionist said she would have the workshop manager call me back which he did, he told me I'd have to bring the van in and booked me in for the following week. When we arrived at their depot I was quite pleased to see another 4 MH's sitting, check in was nice and easy and then we went for a walk to the local shopping centre. Later on that afternoon I received a call to say they're having difficulty sorting it and would explain when I came back.

The workshop manager Daniel spoke with me and explained the TPMS module was faulty, they had fitted another one but couldn't get it to talk to the valves. He been in touch with Fiat and was waiting a reply and asked if we could leave the van, unfortunately we couldn't so I agreed to bring it back the next day and leave it.

The van was with them for a week and they updated me several times regarding their progress which seemed to be slow, however they finally contacted me after 6 days to say that's it sorted and it would be MOT'd first thing in the morning. I was now starting to worry about the cost of this and the next morning Daniel called me regarding the bill, he explained to me that they had spent 13 hours on this but was embarrassed by that so had spoken to his managers and got the bill reduced to 3 hours. He explained the job should have took 2 hours plus the MOT at the most, the issue was getting their computer to talk to the onboard one and Fiat were of little help, in the end they had to take the van to a tyre place take off all the tyres and valves and reprogram them. They have raised a complaint with Fiat as in his words they were totally useless, I will be raising one too.

Total bill
3 hours labour at £100
Mot £50
Parts £80
Tyre company £40

Although a bit more than I was hoping for it was certainly a lot less than it should be, if anyone from the central belt area in Scotland needs a service or work done I'd recommend Motus on Hardgate road Govan, Daniel is a master Technician for Fiat.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Very useful information Gerry. Communication is so vital to any traders reputation. I had heard iffy reports about Carlisle before so wondered what the next best garage would be. Hopefully we won't need it for many years but you never know with MHs being so complicated now.
Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back