Rally Chat Retrofestival News (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
1666171134357.png

A bit of news from Retro HQ

Retro Newark is no more, all their effort and attention is going into making Retro Newbury an even better show.

A new, lower price
By convincing the organisers that most motorhomers don't need a hook up in August, it looks like the price for a couple of people in a van and four days camping for funsters will be £175. Thats at least a saving of £50 off the early bird price and, win win, we are in the festival area. So this is a really good deal.

I am jumping the gun a bit, and there is a chance things might change, we'll know in a couple weeks. Meanwhile you should be adding to your diary , "Retro Fun in the Sun" on the 11th, 12th and 13th of August 2023 (y)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Cool.In the diary in the hope the new van finally arrives by then.It was expected before the last event! lol

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
I am happy with that as we can manage now with what we have and I will be adding more to the off grid set up so we should be fine .
Is the EHU option for the rally field gone completely now Jim ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
That is really good news.
I know it’s something you have been wanting for a while Lenny . When we met again at Hereford rally that was my first off grid trip but since then we have done 2 more Rallies with no EHU and another one planned for end of the month . I am happy to go off grid if I get a financial benefit .I can see why you were frustrated that everyone got charged the same at Retro even if you don’t need EHU and your case provably didn’t use it . Not sure you even have a hook up cable lol

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
View attachment 678330

Retro Newark is no more, all their effort and attention is going into making Retro Newbury an even better show.

A new, lower price
By convincing the organisers that most motorhomers don't need a hook up in August, it looks like the price for a couple of people in a van and four days camping for funsters will be £175. Thats at least a saving of £50 off the early bird price and, win win, we are in the festival area. So this is a really good deal.

I am jumping the gun a bit, and there is a chance things might change, we'll know in a couple weeks. Meanwhile you should be adding to your diary , "Retro Fun in the Sun" on the 11th, 12th and 13th of August 2023 (y)
Is ther free been included in that price :getmecoat:
Bill

May 29, 2017
Ayr,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express
Exp
virgin
View attachment 678330

A new, lower price

Just to confirm ,Is it three nights with no ecu for £175 ?

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
🤣🤣
Love to come and meet you all put faces to name, minxy, Lenny to name but a few, met Jim 😉
But £175 for 3 nights😱
Plus fuel, from Plymouth?
Is it like Twinwoods? We were going to a music festival with them but cancelled due to lock down.
So what’s involved 🥰

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
3 dance floors , fun fair , loads of retro stalls and food . Vehicle displays . The best bit is being so close to all the action as the fun Rally field is inside the showground .

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Shame about Newark,we really enjoyed it.I hope you are still doing St George's day again Jim!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Shame about Newark,we really enjoyed it.I hope you are still doing St George's day again Jim!

All is not lost. On the grapevine I've heard a whisper that Newark Retro, which we know has gone, might morph into a large Rock n Roll event run by the same people. Watch this space and i'll let you know if I hear anything further.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
🤣🤣
Love to come and meet you all put faces to name, minxy, Lenny to name but a few, met Jim 😉
But £175 for 3 nights😱
Plus fuel, from Plymouth?
Is it like Twinwoods? We were going to a music festival with them but cancelled due to lock down.
So what’s involved 🥰
Having been to Twinwood twice and Newbury just the once, this August, we preferred Twinwood and the greater mix of music including large orchestras on the big arena stage. It is expensive though. Newbury great value and the heat of the weekend this year prevented us enjoying it fully.
If it should be a wet weekend, there are bigger inside venues at Newbury, at Twinwood you will have to sit out in the rain.
We have been lucky with no rain but maybe too much heat at both events. !

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Having been to Twinwood twice and Newbury just the once, this August, we preferred Twinwood and the greater mix of music including large orchestras on the big arena stage. It is expensive though.
We did Twinwood 6 years on the trot it is what got us into dancing. Went off it when they started to lose the plot, it started out as the Glenn Miller & Jive festival. Now with its electro lounge & soul music its not the same.

Been to 8 Retro's over the last 10 years prefer it to Twinwood but it was much nicer when it was small, before it moved to Newbury.

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
All is not lost. On the grapevine I've heard a whisper that Newark Retro, which we know has gone, might morph into a large Rock n Roll event run by the same people. Watch this space and i'll let you know if I hear anything further.
Suit us fine,Jim,as we love rock and roll and Newark is only 30miles away from us 🤗🤗🤗

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just looked at the retro festival site - only taking bookings for motorhomes up to 8m. Would really like to go - is MHF sorting something - we really enjoyed it last time?

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Ticket with camping booked for Newbury.

we will be taking the 2CV again, so will be in the exhibitors camping.

looking forward to the event already - we did our first one last year at Newark and had a fantastic time.

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Just looked at the retro festival site - only taking bookings for motorhomes up to 8m. Would really like to go - is MHF sorting something - we really enjoyed it last time?
Should be fine in the fun area at 8m I think .
Normally there is a booking link with discount for the fun rally area and American Rv area.
I imagine a link will be posted here in this thread 👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back