Replacing the Hinge on a Remis Cab Door Blind

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Here are husbands notes and photos taken when he replaced the second of our 2 hinges.
I purchased the replacements from here
and we also watched this You Tube video

Here is the replacement hinge. The tongue portion, about 1cm in length - see photo -has to fit into the hollow channel in the aluminium section at the leading edge of the blind. On the broken hinge this tongue remains in the channel and has to be removed.
IMG_6375.jpeg

That removal is a challenge because the tongue is securely held by a small tang punched inwards from the side of the channel section - visible in photo wwhich prevents it sliding out. I borrowed a Dremel to drill out as much of the tongue as possible without damaging the aluminium.

The remains of the tongue usually falls out of the way to the bottom of the channel as soon as it is free. Using a small file - I removed the aluminium tang from the side of the channel -The tongue of the replacement hinge is a tight fit in the channel section and I’ve found previously stay put without glue or the tang.

Remove the upper part of the old hinge by easing the side of the upper section apart a little, enough to fiddle the pivot pins out of their pivot holes. Then carefully ease the new hinge into position.
IMG_6376.jpeg
IMG_6377.jpeg
IMG_6378.jpeg
IMG_6379.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back