Replace obserview reverse camera in Autotrail 2006 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 11, 2021
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Scout SE
Exp
Since1963 with parents
Hi all, I want to replace the original OEM reverse camera/video screen mounted in the cab headlining. Picture is lousy and so is the camera resolution. It also draws ,1.6 amps and can be left on accidentally.
I am looking for a reversing camera to go perhaps in the same location and potentially has a dash cam facing forward. Anyone refitted their moho with a new setup?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Have exactly the same system, so watching with baited curiosity 👍🏻

OP
OP
LostinWales
Aug 11, 2021
North Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Scout SE
Exp
Since1963 with parents
Want to try and use the original cover with modifications, as UV has faded the area, and also modify the original Video screen location for mounting the new unit.
Looks like the 7 inch unit from parkingcameras might do it.
Gotta work out how to avoid having horrible looking wiring trailing all overe the interior, especially as the new system looks like having twice the amount of cable.

IMG_20240725_162741.jpg

IMG_20240725_163022.jpg

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Want to try and use the original cover with modifications, as UV has faded the area, and also modify the original Video screen location for mounting the new unit.
Looks like the 7 inch unit from parkingcameras might do it.
Gotta work out how to avoid having horrible looking wiring trailing all overe the interior, especially as the new system looks like having twice the amount of cable.

View attachment 928537

View attachment 928538
I’m still watching to see you hopefully sort out a solution.

If you do manage to do the repair, are you looking to get rid or sell on the items removed, especially the drop down screen and any surrounding trim etc. I’m looking to try and replace mine, especially the wiring from the screen to the main loom.👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
There will be a multi wire cable going to the camera usually with a 6 pin plug. Most replacement cameras need 4 wires, 12v positive plus the negative. Then 2 cables for the video signal. In theory you could cut the plugs off, use the existing wires. Extend at the end inside the cab if needed. The new monitor will need a 12v supply and then the video signal from the cable you adapt. Can't see any reason it should not work. Alternative is running cable under floor. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back