Remis Flyscreen doesn't close properly (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 28, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hi, recently purchased a 'new to us' Burstner 540C (Fiat Ducato 2022) and very please with it. Have sorted a few minor issues with rattles from front headlining and Remis side blinds, but fit of the mesh on the Remis side door flyscreen is really poor. The top rail of the flyscreen is curved at the front and it is at this point that the issue occurs when the flyscreen is closed. As the flyscreen goes round the curve, the mesh pulls away at the top leaving a gap. I've attached some photos which hopefully show the issue, better than I can explain it. I have adjusted the cord tension both top and bottom to no avail. I'm begining to wonder if the frame hasn't been mounted squarely by Burstner from new, but not sure why this would cause this issue. Has anyone else had this problem and know of a solution?
I have emailed Remis, but no response after a week. Heading to Scotland next year so may remove it anyway and fit a Nozone Insect Screen as pretty sure the Remis won't stop midges regardless if it fits properly or not......
Any help appreciated, thank you.

IMG_8755.jpg

IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_8757.jpg

Jun 14, 2024
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner LH 744
Exp
A fellow Burstner owner here, a 744 in our case. This particular flyscreen seems to be a common problem and generally a weak point. Over on my 744 Burstner FB group there are several moans about this kind of problem with the screen door. I’m afraid that’s not much help but at least you know you’re not alone. We’re onto our third door this summer though at least one of those was our fault for closing the main habitation door whilst the flyscreen was still closed over!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
A fellow Burstner owner here, a 744 in our case. This particular flyscreen seems to be a common problem and generally a weak point. Over on my 744 Burstner FB group there are several moans about this kind of problem with the screen door. I’m afraid that’s not much help but at least you know you’re not alone. We’re onto our third door this summer though at least one of those was our fault for closing the main habitation door whilst the flyscreen was still closed over!
Thanks for that Dippy9 - it’s very helpful to know others have similar problems with this flyscreen. Frankly looking at it and the way the cords tension I can’t see that it can possibly work well. Having said that I’m hopeful someone might have sussed out how to sort it!
Three doors this Summer Ouch!
Thanks again👍

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back