Rear pads on a tag axel alko (1 Viewer)

Jan 12, 2011
West sussex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 06
Hi all, I think I need to replace the rear pads on my tag axel alko chassis, now the garage I use doesn’t have much room To leave it so I want to get the pads so It won’t be in their way while they wait for parts, I’m getting conflicting advice on whether my brakes are Fiat or alko, anyone out there know,

my van is a dethleffs esprit 2010

any help would be appreciated
Dennis

Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Ask any HGV driver what a tag axle is. It's an additional axle fitted behind the driving axle to make the vehicle a 6 wheeler so it can carry more weight. Front wheel driven motorhomes with 6 wheels do not have a tag axle, as none of the rear wheels drive. Mine is a 6 wheeler.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Ask any HGV driver what a tag axle is. It's an additional axle fitted behind the driving axle to make the vehicle a 6 wheeler so it can carry more weight. Front wheel driven motorhomes with 6 wheels do not have a tag axle, as none of the rear wheels drive. Mine is a 6 wheeler.
As any Moho owner and they'll tell you it's an extra axle that tags behind the rear axle to increase the axle capacity 😂

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
When I had a “tag” axle Burstner I rang Alko and asked the same question. They told me Fiat pads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back