Rattle can spray job completed (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 24, 2023
Brixham, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
September 2023 :)
Well it all started 2x months ago when I decided to sand the front top panel of the MoHo.
With my big A-frame ladder out and sander to the ready, away I went sanding and prepping for the paint.
Just about finished with the sander, when transferring my weight back to the ladder, it decided to move away from
the blocks I had under the legs (cos we live on a bit of a hill) and over I went! On my way down to the very hard concrete
path, I thought to myself...... "This is going to hurt!" And yes, it did.:lipssealed:
After a few moments of grovelling on the floor, I picked myself up and hobbled back in doors. Luckily, my wife was at work.
Sprained ankle and cuts to my arms and legs with blood running everyway, I sorted myself out with a nice cup of tea.
After hobbling back outside, I think you'll agree from the photo, the van needed doing. And when Janet returned from work, she was
not too impressed with me either! So ended up with the added benefit of earache!!!!
Part sanded.jpg

Well I finally hired a couple of trestles and some scaffold boards the other day and got to work with primer then top coat and finally, laquer.
For someone that has never rattle canned a job this big before, I am well happy with the finish.
Finished off with new LAIKA lettering and "her in doors" is well chuffed.
And I didn't even fall off the trestles!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Respray1.jpg

If you think about having a go at something, but are not quite sure if you can do it.................just go for it!
You'll never know unless you try. :sun:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
👍 nice job, I can sympathise laying on the floor , hirting more than a bit! And , the main thing you think about? Gee I’m glad the wife is out! 🤭🙄

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Thereby you have explained why any ladder needs 'footing' properly. or somehow securing near the top. If you must use blocks under a trestle or ladder, use gaffer tape or similar to fix them to the bottom of the leg(s). That way, as it it moves (as it always will) the blocks will move with it.

OP
OP
BillyJanetandBella
Aug 24, 2023
Brixham, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 3007
Exp
September 2023 :)
Thereby you have explained why any ladder needs 'footing' properly. or somehow securing near the top. If you must use blocks under a trestle or ladder, use gaffer tape or similar to fix them to the bottom of the leg(s). That way, as it it moves (as it always will) the blocks will move with it.
Good point meanders, I will try that next time. I'm sure there will be a next time! :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back