Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
Hi all we have our name on a dealer order a Rapido 896F due in November, no commitment if we dont like it then we wait for another or order one in ourselves, for the sake of knowing exactly what we are about to spend where oh where do you find the prices for the Rapido Range unlike Swift who have the prices in the catalogues next to each model Rapido dont, ive searched on here and on line but to no avail.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction TIA CJ:giggle:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Wokingham Motor home USED to be Rapido Dealers. I have never used them for sales. Only Parts. BUT they may have the latest RRP`s?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Why order something when you don't know the price of it ? :unsure:
Its a dealer order that had already been placed and after rejecting our Motorhome we were asked to take a look around the stock they had but didnt find the island bed layout we wanted so put our name against one of their orders due in November, no commitment on our part although weve changed the furniture design more to our liking, and we have the spec list and extra packs that have been added and of course with a price lol :LOL:
I wanted a Price list so we could add it all up to make sure it comes out the same has been quoted :giggle:

Rgds CJ

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Spinney and Brownhills sell rapidos, maybe you should ask them for a price and delivery with the extras you require, as a back up.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Highbridge Caravans is another major Rapido dealer.

Which dealer are you hooked up with?

We had to reject an ordered van from the above, and ended up choosing an alternative one from stock.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Highbridge Caravans is another major Rapido dealer.

Which dealer are you hooked up with?

We had to reject an ordered van from the above, and ended up choosing an alternative one from stock.
We are with Highbridge and visited them after rejecting our Van and looked at what they had in stock but they didnt have our Island bed layout that we like so much so weve got our name on one of their orders due in November (y)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We are with Highbridge and visited them after rejecting our Van and looked at what they had in stock but they didnt have our Island bed layout that we like so much so weve got our name on one of their orders due in November (y)
We ordered a specced up Dreamer van conversion (made by Rapido) in October 2015 with exactly the kit we wanted, including an automatic (comfortmatic) gearbox. When it arrived in late May 2016 it had a manual gearbox... DOH! So it was rejected it and settled on a Rapido V68 with auto box that was in stock. We ended up having to pay for some specification we didn't want, and go without some we did. But hey-ho, it all worked out in the end and we're still very happy with the Rapido. We received some compensation for the cock-up.

Hope the November delivery van will be what you want! (y)

NRM

Oct 16, 2018
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096DF
Exp
Wokingham Motorhomes publish a list price for all the Rapido models. You can also ask them for a quote and delivery time on the details of the van you have your name down for. Emaill them on team@wokinghammotorhomes.com They now seem a lot better at answering emails than they once were.
Should you have no joy then I have their printed price list for the 2020 model year. PM me and I can send you a copy.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I'm intrigued to know which model?. I loved the east west bed A class. But they don't do it on the Mercedes auto base.

OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
I'm intrigued to know which model?. I loved the east west bed A class. But they don't do it on the Mercedes auto base.
We rejected our Swift Escape 694 but not due to the Swift part of it but the Fiat Engine breaking down due to faulty fuel pump and No spares available anywhere so its sitting on a Fiat Forecourt waiting for spares.

Rgds CJ.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We rejected our Swift Escape 694 but not due to the Swift part of it but the Fiat Engine breaking down due to faulty fuel pump and No spares available anywhere so its sitting on a Fiat Forecourt waiting for spares.

Rgds CJ.
Which Rapido Model did you look at?. The one I liked the layout of was the 9095df. but they never made it on the Mercedes Auto Chassis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C33JAY

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Which Rapido Model did you look at?. The one I liked the layout of was the 9095df. but they never made it on the Mercedes Auto Chassis.
We looked at one they had in stock which was a 856F but the bed is pushed to one side and is not central so not suitable for us but they have a 2021 896F on order so we are going to look at that when it comes in its a central island bed layout which is what we had on our Swift and was the right layout for us, and its a 9 speed auto which again is what we had on our Swift and that is essential.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We looked at one they had in stock which was a 856F but the bed is pushed to one side and is not central so not suitable for us but they have a 2021 896F on order so we are going to look at that when it comes in its a central island bed layout which is what we had on our Swift and was the right layout for us, and its a 9 speed auto which again is what we had on our Swift and that is essential.
That will be the "new" gearbox. They have been fitted to Jag`s, and the Range Rover since about 2013 and reputed to be fairly bomb proof. There where some issues on US cars in the early days but those have been ironed out now. (y) Supposedly This one:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_9HP_transmission

Last edited:

Swigle

Free Member
Oct 18, 2020
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Dreamer D55 Select
Exp
Since 2012
Wokingham Motor home USED to be Rapido Dealers. I have never used them for sales. Only Parts. BUT they may have the latest RRP`s?.

I think they still are. Was down there a couple of weeks ago looking at the Dreamer D55 (made by Rapido) and they had a few (very few) other models in their ‘showroom’).

(Have to admit is was a bit of a weird set up compared to all the other dealers I’ve been to recently - a large shed / hanger with 6 vehicles in it located down a dirt track in a woods. Decent service though - allowed us to crawl over the model we were interested in for quite a while, answered all our questions, no hard sell)

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Getting back to the OPs imitial question, why don't Rapido publish their price list?

I had the same problem with Itineo (same group) and gave up.

Perhaps they want punters to engage with their dealers and be 'introduced' to all manner of features they never knew they wanted, let alone needed. 😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back