Quickest Air Awning to put up / take down (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Just Purchased
Morning everyone, looking for some guidance on what air awning to go with.

Often we will just be away for a couple of nights at a time, but would like a enclosed outside space on the Motorhome just to give us some extra room / dogs room etc.

Don't want to be spending an age on putting up / taking down an awning so looking for a little advice on peoples thoughts which awning would be best.

Thank you in Advance!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My understanding on air awning is they are quite heavy and do take a while...

Why not :
Quest screen house.. As used by many Funsters... They are not called "pop up" for nothing (y)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We had a Kampa Air awning with our PVC and what a great bit of kit it was. Once Iā€™d used it a couple of times I could have it fully erected and pegged out within 25 minutes on my own, if the OH helped it took an hour šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. We only used it for stay of 2 or more nights and would have another, the downside is they do weigh a bit and quite bulky.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
This is the one I've got kampa air travelpod touring xl awning

1000057509.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Quest screenhouse is good and quick. We have one,but, there are a few places we go where they don't allow them. Even though they are not an event shelter etc, they are much more robust than that. Have had the 'discussion ' several times but they won't have it.
Therefore I've now got a Dometic Leggera 260 air awning, which is the lightweight version and very suitable for short stays etc. It is very easy to put up and take down. Believe me, I've had the alternative air awnings from Dometic/Kampa. And whilst undoubtedly they are great awnings, they are more suited to longer stays, take longer to put up, heavier, very heavy in some cases , requiring more than one pair of hands.
This one I can put up and take down on my own, which is a must given my wifes health situation .

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
If you're looking at an air awning the speed it goes up at would be governed by the volume of air the pump can provide per minute so look for 12v pumps that provide the maximum Ltrs/min rather then maximum pressure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back