Pump Stops Working When Using Hot Water Tap In Kitchen (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Good morning everyone :)

First morning waking up in our MH on our first trip out for well over a year!! And what a lovely morning it is :) Plus, so far I'm emjoying it and really happy to be here :)

Just one problem. When I try to use the hot water tap in the kitchen, the water runs really slowly, the pump kicks in but then quickly starts to stutter and then stop altogether. The hot water runs fine in the bathroom, with the pump running how it should. Cold water in both the kitchen and bathroom is good with the pump working well. Why can't i get hot water in the kitchen any more, please? It worked fine yesterday during the day but just stopped working properly last night. Can anyone help, please?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
See if you can remove the little filter that is on the end of the tap spout. Often full of scale.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
It doesn’t sound like a problem with the pump. My guess would be that there is some kind of a problem with the tap and the switch. Can you trace the wiring beneath the tap to see if there are any loose connections?

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
See if you can remove the little filter that is on the end of the tap spout. Often full of scale.

This would make sense, since this is the tap we use most often, but wouldn't that stop all water, please? It's fine running the cold water :unsure:

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
It doesn’t sound like a problem with the pump. My guess would be that there is some kind of a problem with the tap and the switch. Can you trace the wiring beneath the tap to see if there are any loose connections?

Oh yikes, I hope not....I'm useless with electrics, as well as being scared of them!! It was working fine yesterday and we haven't moved...or even been in the cupboard under the sink. I'll have a look in the cupboard, though, and see if I can see what's going on. Thank you :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
On house kitchen taps the spout is a two tube item. The inner tube contains the hot water and the outer is the cold. This is an anti scald safety thing. Your van tap may be the same. Alternatively it could be scale in the tap valve, but start with the simple things first.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
On house kitchen taps the spout is a two tube item. The inner tube contains the hot water and the outer is the cold. This is an anti scald safety thing. Your van tap may be the same. Alternatively it could be scale in the tap valve, but start with the simple things first.

Ah-ha, that would make sense! Thanks :) I can't get it off. It has a small flat area either side, so I guess I need a spanner but we don't have any with us. I tried poking some toothbrush bristles up it in the hope of breaking the limescale down and flushing it out but it hasn't worked. Then I tried gripping the thing with a silicone sponge, thinking it would get enough of a grip, but that didn't work either. So, I'll have to wait until I get back home on Monday. At least I can fill the washing up bowl in the bathroom in the meantime :) Thank you so much for your help. I really hope that this is the problem because it'll have been a nice easy fix I can do myself :) xx

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It may not be the cure, but it is an easy (if you have the tools), and cheap place to start

Reactions: HKF
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
It may not be the cure, but it is an easy (if you have the tools), and cheap place to start

Well, it worked!! Thank you :) It didn't actually looked furred up but I put it in some Viakal for a while and rinse it out well and now the water runs faster and the pump runs continuously. Many, many, many thanks :) xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back