Projector (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Anyone installed a 12v projector in their van?
There was a company at the NEC show in February who were selling a projector designed for motorhomes.
You will have to go through all the exhibitors to find the name

They had it set up in the pop top roof of a VW Camper.

The quality seemed good, although I think you would need to close the curtains in daylight.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
The company is at the Malvern show now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
If you can get the right projector with decent sound capabilities, prob through loudspeakers AND you go somewhere to project on, I think it's a good alternative to a TV bouncing around in the motorhome....

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
jezport has used projectors, if you do a search with projector in the 'subject' field and his name in the 'posted by' field you'll find lots of info from him.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Loads of Youtubers have been given various makes to subject their viewers to. Plenty of makes out there but everytime I've seen someone telling me how wonderful they are and clicked on the links I've nearly fainted at the price!

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
If you can get the right projector with decent sound capabilities, prob through loudspeakers AND you go somewhere to project on, I think it's a good alternative to a TV bouncing around in the motorhome....
Side of a plain white van does the trick :wink:

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Projectors are nowhere near as bright as TVs. They only really work when you've prevented all direct sunlight from getting into the room, or it's fairly dark outside. Maybe in the back of a stealth vanlife camper with no windows? But they are mostly pretty impractical.

Especially if you're thinking of larger sizes. Every 40% increase in size (say from 12" to 17"), you need to double the light output to achieve the same brightness. They quickly need quite a lot of power.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2023
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance 66-2
We're thinking of getting a Anker Capsule generator -> for use in addition to a TV. These are about £200 off amazon in sales and I have vouchers so we will see. Apparently we should plug a firestick in back for best results.

Should add these are USB powered, and have batterys for 4 hours runtime. Should be able to project onto back of van if I'm right.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back