Project 2000 electric stuck bed . solution.

AXO66

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
In our PJs, in our Chausson 510, pushed button to lower bed from roof , nowt, well a halfcentimetre judder.
So cranked down by hand, dived into internet, downloaded manual and read a couple of blogs.

Up shot the bed is controlled by a computer that records the number of revolutions of the winding gear, enabling it to remember the pre selected heights.
First position is the micro switch that engages when it’s fully up to the roof.

So pressed the micro switch .... and bed worked again from the control panel. No problems since.

No idea why it failed. Only guess is we were parked at quite an angle .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Well done! Problem / research / answer / fixed :D . The exact opposite of the "motor gas" enquiry.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The micro-switch near the roof gives the "computer" for the winding system it's reference point, so the bed does need to go up to and hit the micro-switch.

andy63

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Yep...as said above the thing to do if it starts playing up is to get it to the upper position..
If you have tried to operate the bed and the cut out on the bed slides has operated the bed looses its settings and has to be taken to the top position to regain them...that cut out can operate if the bed is just a few mm fwd of its fully back position..
Andy

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Yep...as said above the thing to do if it starts playing up is to get it to the upper position..
If you have tried to operate the bed and the cut out on the bed slides has operated the bed looses its settings and has to be taken to the top position to regain them...that cut out can operate if the bed is just a few mm fwd of its fully back position..
Andy
That ties in with our guess as to why it failed, van sloping forward quite a bit so might have lost the contact with the switch at the top.

So used crank ( another story) to wind down, then wound back up to top and pressed button, so just short of it’s top point.
Then pressed down button and it worked without a blink. I.e it automatically went down to the normal position we have it above the seating area.

As an aside sometimes it dosen’t automatically go to the set position, and we have to keep our finger on the down arrow until its at the desired height.
The problem we had this time( first time everj was when we pressed the down arrow and kept our finger on it, it just juddered down a centimetre or two.

Why can’t it be a simple manual on /off , up/down set up to save these computer says “no”” frustrations.!?

andy63

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
That ties in with our guess as to why it failed, van sloping forward quite a bit so might have lost the contact with the switch at the top.
Just to make sure we are talking the same cut out or contact that often causes the problem of the settings getting lost...

It's installed in the bed frame on the fixed part of the bed and the moving or sliding portion operates it as soon as it is moved fwd and cuts the power.. it's when that happens that the little processor in the switching unit requires a reset..

It's just when you said loose contact with the switch at the top i wasnt sure you were refering to the cut out I'm on about which as I said is in the bed frame and not seen..
Andy..

I

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Read what?
This:
Hi. I have been told that it is ok to use “motor gas” in my motorhome. Has anyone any experience of the use of the gas in a motorhome . Any observations would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Just to make sure we are talking the same cut out or contact that often causes the problem of the settings getting lost...

It's installed in the bed frame on the fixed part of the bed and the moving or sliding portion operates it as soon as it is moved fwd and cuts the power.. it's when that happens that the little processor in the switching unit requires a reset..

It's just when you said loose contact with the switch at the top i wasnt sure you were refering to the cut out I'm on about which as I said is in the bed frame and not seen..
Andy..

I

Ours is a bed that is on 4 belts fastened to the sides of the van at roof height, and lowers the bed down into the space immediatky behind the cab seats.
The motor and switch are in / on the bedframe.

The switch that I am refereing to is located on the bed frame that is immediately behind the drivers seat. On the wall is a basic right angle piece of metal . As the bed comes up the switch is squeezed against the metal right angle and presumably stops the bed going up any more . There is also key to turn to switch the bed off and then on, before using the up down arrows , and also a very short seat belt fastening that secures into a seat belt slot on the bed that.presumably stops the bed moving too much when travelling

Not sure if this is a similar set up as yours. Noticed on new chassons the controls for the bed are now located on the kitchen unit.

And we always have a good nights sleep , bed always made up, so really no complaints on the overall design, fits nicely into our 6mtr. van.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Mines done this a few times, by chance i just pressed the MS and it worked afterwards. At leats now i know why it worked afterwards.

Thanks

andy63

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
The switch that I am refereing to is located on the bed frame that is immediately behind the drivers seat. On the wall is a basic right angle piece of metal . As the bed comes up the switch is squeezed against the metal right angle and presumably stops the bed going up any more .
yep that's the upward limit switch which has to be operated in order for the control unit to reset or get its bearings so to speak... but its not the switch that I've suggested is causing the problem you described....
that switch is in the bed frame under the mattress... and if the bed is moved slightly forward as you press the switch to lower it , the switch I'm on about opens and shuts off power and now the bed doesn't know where it is ...
hope thats explained what I was saying..
so basically make sure the bed is slid right back, and does nor move forward on its slide after you have pressed the down arrow...until of course it has stopped in a position that allows it to slide fully forward
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Wow,that’s a complicated procedure before getting into bed. I think I might go off the boil in the time taken to sort it out. ;) Thank gawd for fixed beds.(y):LOL:

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ITINEO A CLASS
Exp
Since 09 2018
In our PJs, in our Chausson 510, pushed button to lower bed from roof , nowt, well a halfcentimetre judder.
So cranked down by hand, dived into internet, downloaded manual and read a couple of blogs.

Up shot the bed is controlled by a computer that records the number of revolutions of the winding gear, enabling it to remember the pre selected heights.
First position is the micro switch that engages when it’s fully up to the roof.

So pressed the micro switch .... and bed worked again from the control panel. No problems since.

No idea why it failed. Only guess is we were parked at quite an angle .
Hi we have problem with project 2000 bed.so question is where is the micro switch?..please

138go

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
This happened to our electric bed, several times. Eventually it got stuck and wouldn’t budge. We traded the MH in and bought one with a pull down bed.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
This happened to our electric bed, several times. Eventually it got stuck and wouldn’t budge. We traded the MH in and bought one with a pull down bed.
That sounds a bit extreme! I know a lot of people have just fitted a rocker switch rather than the electronics though.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Same problems occur with the Burstner bed. The bed has to reach its destination up and down or it plays up. Mostly due to to much bedding left on it. Since we removed our Dunlopillo pillows, the problem has ceased.
Phil

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I have the same bed in a rapidon
The problems ive had is mainly down to driver error as well as slightly flakey software (having rewriten other people plc software i understand some of the problems).
In laymans terms it gets confused, it needs to go home at the end of each use ( and trgger the magic microswitch).
Do not put/store too much stuff on top of bed.
Use the correct sequence . We use the 2nd position.
Bellow works for me
Key off (at least 30 sec)
Key on
Finger on down button (bed moves down to 1st position and stops)
Remove finger
Finger on down button (bed moves down to 2nd position and stops) do not hang around it can get confused and not move down any further thinking its at the end
Remove finger (turn off if at required poition)
Up
Turn on
Press up when stoped press again.
At top of travel check loading tuck in sheets and press agai just to ensure top of travel.
Turn off
Relax

If it ever stops in wrong poition or wont move down to required posn:
Check loading (remove ladder or additional stuff.
Prss up to top
Finger off
Prss up to top
Key off
Wait 30 sec
Sequence to 1st Down
Stop
Up
Key off
Wait 30sec

Relax
Start again it will work this time

Bellow are some instructions ive found.

Reprogramming
Enter in programming mode after having switched on the panel.
To enter the programming mode, hold the hidden button (between the button UP and DOWN) and the button UP for 7 seconds.
The green LED light with the symbol of the key switches on.
If it doesn’t, repeat the operation.
Put underneath the bed some supports able to hold the bed in the lowest positio
Press the button UP; the bed descends. Let it rest on the supports and keep pushing until the bed starts raising again.
Bring the bed up to its higher position and let it press the electric contact (limit switch).
Let the bed descend and start programming the positions (depending on the model of the bed can be 3 or 4 points).
Let the bed descend to the first position, press the hidden button plus the button DOWN.
The LED on the arrows will switch off and on again.
Repeat with this procedure for the next 2-3 points and the system will automatically quit the programming mode.
If you don't have a manual winding handle then as suggested 5mm allen key may fit.

Sorry for length of post

thebriars

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Newer electric beds work on a different principle. There are two end stops in one of the bed channels running down the wall. Each end stop simply triggers a microswitch which cuts power to a relay driving the motor.

There is no key or computer, simply an up/down button. The end stops can be adjusted to account, say, for thicker bedding on the bed, or to have the bed come down lower.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Newer electric beds work on a different principle. There are two end stops in one of the bed channels running down the wall. Each end stop simply triggers a microswitch which cuts power to a relay driving the motor.

There is no key or computer, simply an up/down button. The end stops can be adjusted to account, say, for thicker bedding on the bed, or to have the bed come down lower.

Much better idea, I adapted my old sort to do just that.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
The problems ive had is mainly down to driver error as well as slightly flakey software (having rewriten other people plc software i understand some of the problems).
In laymans terms it gets confused, it needs to go home at the end of each use ( and trgger the magic microswitch).
Bellow works for me
Key on
Remove finger
Finger on down button (bed moves down to 2nd position and stops) do not hang around it can get confused and not move down any further thinking its at the end
Up
Turn on
At top of travel check loading tuck in sheets and press agai just to ensure top of travel.
Turn off
Relax

Prss up to top
Finger off
Prss up to top
Key off
Wait 30 sec
Sequence to 1st Down
Stop
Up
Key off
Wait 30sec

Relax

Reprogramming
To enter the programming mode, hold the hidden button (between the button UP and DOWN) and the button UP for 7 seconds.
Press the button UP; the bed descends. Let it rest on the supports and keep pushing until the bed starts raising again.
Bring the bed up to its higher position and let it press the electric contact (limit switch).
Let the bed descend and start programming the positions (depending on the model of the bed can be 3 or 4 points).
Let the bed descend to the first position, press the hidden button plus the button DOWN.
Repeat with this procedure for the next 2-3 points and the system will automatically quit the programming mode.
If you don't have a manual winding handle then as suggested 5mm allen key may fit.

Sorry for length of post

You might be correct in the above, but on ours I found that the main bed on/off relay had no flywheel diode across it's coil, hence could put high spikes onto the "computer" circuitry which could wipe it's positioning memory.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I think we have discussed this before. You have coverted yours to manual?
I was having a lot of grief which i think may be a timing issue (operator error
?) in the programing. Adopting a strict routine has reduced the number of plc brain farts. Where is the main bed relay? Near the motor? Sorry about underling. Bloody fingrrs. I am more than happy to delve in ddeeper.

Edit just read the post where you mention manual

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
I think we have discussed this before. You have coverted yours to manual?
I was having a lot of grief which i think may be a timing issue (operator error
?) in the programing. Adopting a strict routine has reduced the number of plc brain farts. Where is the main bed relay? Near the motor? Sorry about underling. Bloody fingrrs. I am more than happy to delve in ddeeper.

Edit just read the post where you mention manual

If this is a reply to the my posting ?

On ours the main on/off relay was near the centre of the bed. For any mis-behaving bed I'd first try putting the flywheel diode on the coil of the relay, as the cost is literally pennies.

I'd use a 1N4001 series diode. BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THE POLARITY RIGHT !

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
If this is a reply to the my posting ?

On ours the main on/off relay was near the centre of the bed. For any mis-behaving bed I'd first try putting the flywheel diode on the coil of the relay, as the cost is literally pennies.

I'd use a 1N4001 series diode. BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET THE POLARITY RIGHT !
Thanks

Not even pennies if lying around

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Peugeot
Bellow works for me
Key on
Remove finger
Up
Turn on
Turn off
Relax

Prss up to top
Finger off
Prss up to top
Key off
Wait 30 sec
Sequence to 1st Down
Stop
Up
Key off
Wait 30sec

Relax

Reprogramming

Sorry for length of post
Hi can I ask we're the 5mm Allen key fits to let bed down I lent my camper to a friend and he let bed all the way down to the point we're when u press down button it brings bed up

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Hi can I ask we're the 5mm Allen key fits to let bed down I lent my camper to a friend and he let bed all the way down to the point we're when u press down button it brings bed up
If you find the motor mechanism it will be on the outside of that part of the bed. On ours it is in the corner of the bed frame against the side wall so suggest having a look at each corner of the bed mechanism.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Peugeot
If you find the motor mechanism it will be on the outside of that part of the bed. On ours it is in the corner of the bed frame against the side wall so suggest having a look at each corner of the bed mechanism.
Thanks I'll check today

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back