Probably teaching you how to suck eggs... (1 Viewer)

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
But I recently realised that I could borrow e-books free through my local library and the Libby app. You need a card number and a pin to logon to these online services, and you can reserve books in advance as well as borrow them straight away if they're free.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
But I recently realised that I could borrow e-books free through my local library and the Libby app. You need a card number and a pin to logon to these online services, and you can reserve books in advance as well as borrow them straight away if they're free.
Yes. I have been doing this for some years now. It was an absolute life saver during the covid epidemic when libraries were closed.
I view on my iPad. Once you are set up it is easy to use. Down load the Libby app and then go to it via your local library. They had my PIN number.
You can also get lots of magazines including MMM and Practical Camper etc. No subscription necessary!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Yes. I have been doing this for some years now. It was an absolute life saver during the covid epidemic when libraries were closed.
I view on my iPad. Once you are set up it is easy to use. Down load the Libby app and then go to it via your local library. They had my PIN number.
You can also get lots of magazines including MMM and Practical Camper etc. No subscription necessary!
I joined. Then forgot all about it! Thanks for the reminder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
Do the titles available in Libby depend on your local library? I have a Kent library card and can get Practical Motorhome but not MMM?

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Do the titles available in Libby depend on your local library? I have a Kent library card and can get Practical Motorhome but not MMM?
Yes I think they do. I have library cards in England & Scotland and some mags I view in England are not available in Scotland.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back