power switch (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
vw compass
can someone help the switch inside my motorhome don't matter what you switch it to vehicle or leisure battery the red light light's up when it should be green on my solar panel the battery shows 12.8 my motorhome is a vw t4 compass 1998.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
can someone help the switch inside my motorhome don't matter what you switch it to vehicle or leisure battery the red light light's up when it should be green on my solar panel the battery shows 12.8 my motorhome is a vw t4 compass 1998.
Pics help but beware you only get 5 free posts

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Also you've posted this in the motorcycle section so anyone seeing your question will assume it is to do with motorcycles, you should perhaps repost in the electricity, batteries & hookup section. As has been said, you only get 5 free posts before you need to be a paying member, so choose your questions or replies carefully.

OP
OP
gazy600
Apr 1, 2024
Funster No
MH
vw compass
Also you've posted this in the motorcycle section so anyone seeing your question will assume it is to do with motorcycles, you should perhaps repost in the electricity, batteries & hookup section. As has been said, you only get 5 free posts before you need to be a paying member, so choose your questions or replies carefully.
OK sorry I thought it was a free site

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
OK sorry I thought it was a free site
You get limited access to browse but for full access its £20pa

Well worth it for the knowledge and full access on offer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome.
I have a 1998 Compass Navigator on a T4 base and had the same problem but only when on the leisure battery. E.g. battery fully charged but a red LED (which according to the manual comes on at 11.2v). I solved it by running a heavier (thicker) cable from the battery to the control panel. It may have been coincidence - possibly due to me disturbing the fuses and/or remaking connections at the panel so best to check the connections at the very basic (crude) distribution/fuses/leisure battery location under the bench seat and at the control panel on the wall. There is a fuse at the rear of the wall control panel which is worth checking whilst you have the panel removed. Not easy to remove the control panel as there is very little slack in the wiring behind it.
It's an unsophisticated set-up but has all been working fine for the past ten years.
My (Compass original) distribution/fuses/leisure battery location under the rear facing dinette seat........
Compass Aux circuit distribution board.jpg

The leisure battery main feed and 30A fuse was at position 2 in the main fuse holder but I suspected that it wasn't making a good connection so re-routed the feed through a heavier duty fuse holder (on right in pic below).

Compass Aux circuit. Fuse details.jpg

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back