Post Addresses if you're full time. (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2021
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit SWB
What do people use for contact address if they are full-time - do you get any complications ( banking etc )?

I know some folks have a home they keep / rent out or have relatives - but is there anyway of being truely "homeless" with a Motorhome!

Thanks

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
What do people use for contact address if they are full-time - do you get any complications ( banking etc )?

I know some folks have a home they keep / rent out or have relatives - but is there anyway of being truely "homeless" with a Motorhome!

Thanks

Not without complications.

Much better to persuade a family member to help you out!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You also need to check your MH insurance if you don't have a home address as that could mean you end up with your existing policy being void and having to pay 'genuine' full time insurance which is expensive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

Thanks
In short, no, you can not be homeless AND have any form of responsibility, such as owning a motorhome.

If you want to disappear off the grid and become homeless, get rid of all your possessions, bank cards, doctor, dentist and voting rights
If however you wish to at some point return or indeed keep a vehicle, a doctor a dentist and the right to vote or buy stuff
Then you need an address.

The simplest address is a friend or relative.
To make it 'official' you simply get an AST from WH Smiths (Assured Shorthold Tenancy document) and rent their garden shed or garage for £1 a month.
You can then register to vote, get a doctor, get on the local housing list, get a dentist, (even if you never intend on using any of them) have the bank send you statements and insure and tax your motorhome.

It means you 'exist'

One of my sisters was largely 'off grid' for many years.
She then died. (Leaving debts all over the place, which only slowly came to light over the next 2-3 years)
That was 2017.
I'm still trying to sort out the mess today, 7 years later, with no end of the 'administrate period' in sight as so little proof of her existence.
There is money, that she did not know she had (as no address) that I'm still finding (last lot, over £5k, in December) and I have trouble on obtaining as I can't prove anything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back