Portsmouth Low Emission Zone ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 16, 2020
Hungerford, West Berks.
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo 04
Exp
30+ years
I have read some comments on the Portsmouth LEZ and some problems.
But, looking at the Portsmouth site it does not apply to vehicles (motorhomes) under 3.5t !
Am I reading this right ? Seems at variance to other towns.
Any definitive answers.
Zeb

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
As I understand it, the Brittany Ferries terminal and Port Solent, a good place to stop overnight, are outside of the LEZ. This statement is on the Brittany Ferries website:

Portsmouth International Port is outside of the CAZ and passengers and hauliers driving to and from the port via the M275 will be unaffected. However, if your arrival or departure route is through the CAZ, you will be charged if your vehicle is not compliant.

If you arrive to or leave the terminal on the M275 from or to the north you shouldn't enter the LEZ.

Oct 23, 2022
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Exp
Since 2020
“As I understand it, the Brittany Ferries terminal and Port Solent, a good place to stop overnight, are outside of the LEZ”

Correct.

Best way to check if you need to pay is through the Gov.uk site.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Strange thing
I have read some comments on the Portsmouth LEZ and some problems.
But, looking at the Portsmouth site it does not apply to vehicles (motorhomes) under 3.5t !
Am I reading this right ? Seems at variance to other towns.
Any definitive answers.
Zeb
The strange thing is my 4t euro5 van ( according to government website is compliant in all UK LEZ's....
But not London... Suppose they must have their own rules.????
So I only pollute in London.. No matter I got no intension of going there.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
“As I understand it, the Brittany Ferries terminal and Port Solent, a good place to stop overnight, are outside of the LEZ”

Correct.

Best way to check if you need to pay is through the Gov.uk site.

However the Isle of Wight ferries are affected.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
The London ULEZ checker has been wrong for some time. It incorrectly shows my 2 historic vehicles as needing to pay. They know it too as I’ve had them correct it once before, but it’s now reverted back.

It’s actually a Data Protection offfence.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Another shout out for the Govt site:

https://vehiclecheck.drive-clean-air-zone.service.gov.uk/vehicle_checkers/enter_details

Simple to use and gives results for your vehicle in all the clean air zones outside of London (and Scotland). Interestingly, Portsmouth (my local port) is the only one that is free for my Ducato based MH (under 3.5t) - but it doesn't matter, because unless you make a navigational error or have to enter the Portsmouth zone for any reason, you can get to the ferry port very easily without entering the zone anyway.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Would have applied last night. Came off the ferry at 21.40 and the M275 was shut due to a fire and all traffic was diverted into the LEZ . So some would have been impacted by it no doubt. Fortunately our van is compliant.

Lizbiebrowne

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2020
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2019.
Would have applied last night. Came off the ferry at 21.40 and the M275 was shut due to a fire and all traffic was diverted into the LEZ . So some would have been impacted by it no doubt. Fortunately our van is compliant.
Looking at the LEZ map (https://cleanerairportsmouth.co.uk/clean-air-zone-map/), it should be possible to head north on the A3 away from the LEZ if the M275 is closed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
it should be possible to head north on the A3 away from the LEZ if the M275 is closed.
Yes straight over roundabout up through Stamshaw then that brings you up to Hilsea where you can join the A27 then either way to M27 or A3M.
Cannot think of what other way they would divert traffic out of the city that would not involve more carnage😳😳

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back