SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Forgot to say, we are in a car and came from Cherbourg so don’t know if they are particularly concerned about Cherbourg or if they are checking from all the french ports.

GerTee

LIFE MEMBER
May 9, 2016
Near Fareham
Funster No
MH
Burstner iXeo
Exp
Since 2016 - UK & Europe
We came back from Caen a couple of weeks ago and there were no checks like this. However, on previous returns we have been asked to open up the hab area. I suspect that these interventions are intelligence led.

Jul 22, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I was checked in Plymouth everywhere inside the van, even looked at my empty shopping bag which was tested. Looking for drug maybe?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
On the few occasions(£?) when we have been checked they seem to be looking for stowaways. They usually check the bathroom and maybe the garage. Nobody has ever checked the wardrobe, under the sofa, the O/head bed or under the duvet on the fixed bed.

Why not?

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Didn't see checks on/in any vehicles arriving back at Harwich on Sunday. No checks before ferry either and it was less than half full.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
My van was searched leaving igoumenitsa to go to bari guy looked in bathroom and underneath with a mirror ... seems they have a problem with immigrants there too. There were 4/5 loitering around all the campers, caravans and lorries.

Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
On the few occasions(£?) when we have been checked they seem to be looking for stowaways. They usually check the bathroom and maybe the garage. Nobody has ever checked the wardrobe, under the sofa, the Overhead bed or under the duvet on the fixed bed.

Why not?

..... Because they've never watched The Pink Panther films and seen the sort of places that CATO hides. :LOL:

... Blerry kids today ... Don't know they're born. ;)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
On the few occasions(£?) when we have been checked they seem to be looking for stowaways. They usually check the bathroom and maybe the garage. Nobody has ever checked the wardrobe, under the sofa, the O/head bed or under the duvet on the fixed bed.

Why not?
In my case 4 dog faces looking at them ...2 of them barking . They don't venture inside my van.

But it would be a brave immigrant that did either 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We didn't notice anyone loitering around the town (we only went briefly to the commercial centre for diesel though) or near the port. Seems either working on intelligence as someone says, or just random checks

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
We see them checking MHs every time we travel, as well as cars. We often get pulled over for passport checks and drug swipes when we travel in cars and vans (not MHs). With our history of checks, when we finally get around to visiting the UK in our MH they'll probably go over it with a fine tooth comb!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back