Pilote P696D (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hi all! Apologies if I get something wrong, just joined.

We're looking at one of these MHs. Ticks all our boxes especially the large wardrobe space at the back (missus will be using it for girly weekends away), we just have a couple of questions:

1. I don't see many reviews of this on the web. Are they a decent make?
2. We want a couple of additions (outdoor 13amp socket, gas bottle outlet for barbecue etc). Is this a problem when buying new?
3. This is the big one - Pilote are offering a 4800 discount until the 14th October, which is the day before the show in Birmingham where I presume new models will be announced. Our local dealers are lovely but shut down straightaway any talk about a discount. I thought September was the best time to buy, is there any chance of getting a discount on this model?
4. Any alternatives to this model? We prefer the look of the European ones to the British which to us look a bit like an old ladies house.

Thanks in advance and hello. Cannot wait to spend NY and Christmas somewhere warmer than the NW of England!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi
Just a quick note to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just gone live. We manually review and approve some members' first few posts to ensure they aren't from spammers. Your post has just now been approved and is now visible to everyone.

Thanks for your patience!

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
We’ve just moved to a Pilote 740FC, from a Carthago. We love the feeling of space, which is even greater in the 696D, and while it certainly doesn’t feel as solidly built as the Carthago it certainly seems at least adequate (although time will tell!). We downsized to avoid C1 renewal hassle.
The 696D relies on a drop down bed, which we were a bit unsure about.
Ours is an Evidence spec, bought used, and has both the features you mention - 13 amp socket and gas bbq point, but I don’t know if they were original spec. I can’t imagine it would be a hassle for dealer to add when buying new though.
No idea about getting a discount, but given the publicity that there has already been about the 696U being superseded by the 720U, that doesn’t suggest the 696D is being phased out.

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi and welcome to the OP we have a 740fc evidence and have been pleased with it in the main one or two problems which were sorted by dealer , the 13amp socket is not original spec nor the bbq outlet , you say you are in the NW, whereabouts ? have you spoke to Signature motorhomes at Preston might be worth it ask for Richard, they are good to deal with, good luck with whatever you go with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Sep 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hi and welcome to the OP we have a 740fc evidence and have been pleased with it in the main one or two problems which were sorted by dealer , the 13amp socket is not original spec nor the bbq outlet , you say you are in the NW, whereabouts ? have you spoke to Signature motorhomes at Preston might be worth it ask for Richard, they are good to deal with, good luck with whatever you go with.
Thank you - yes we're local to them and have been there a couple of times, definitely seem decent.

Is it a good idea to get these fitted to the outside on a new van, specifically regarding waterproofness?

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
hi i bought the pilote g740 evidence new a few months back im happy with it couple of problems ,,1 the blind at the front does not lock in the up position 2the wiring for the mirrors keeps falling down inside the blinds ,3,and the blinds that are stuck with magnets to keep them closed comes away sometimes dealer says they will sort it soon as i take it back but 5 hours drive to get to Devon ,,the local dealer is signature who reluctantly offered £37k for mine and the Devon dealer offering £49k i had to travel ,i had a tv antenna ,gas point ,,tv point fitted in bedroom by rhino,,Preston

Upvote 0

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
37k for a nearly new van that cost in the region of 70k is a big no no even at 49k it's still a no best trying to sell on here .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
We have had a Pilote 70pgj since new in 2019. Very well put together and, despite a lot of use, everything still does what it should. There is a very good Pilote owners UK Facebook group, may be worth joining.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back