Picking up new (to me) motorhome and.. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Well I will be flying down to Simonselect on Monday from Scotland to pick up my new (to me) Burstner aviano i684 and just realised it’s my first a class and how do I find out the replacement cost for a new windscreen, for the insurance!!!???
Also just realised I won’t be able to have a cuppa on the way back to Scotland as it’s a naked van! No gas bottles no power cable, no hose to fill it with water, no bedding, no cutlery, no crockery etc etc it’s just a big empty taxi to get back to Scotland 😐

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I will be flying down to Simonselect on Monday from Scotland to pick up my new (to me) Burstner aviano i684 and just realised it’s my first a class and how do I find out the replacement cost for a new windscreen, for the insurance!!!???
Also just realised I won’t be able to have a cuppa on the way back to Scotland as it’s a naked van! No gas bottles no power cable, no hose to fill it with water, no bedding, no cutlery, no crockery etc etc it’s just a big empty taxi to get back to Scotland 😐
Nowt new there mate I've done that 7 times now lol .

Every motorhome I've owned came from down south. .

You'll make it home in one day , quick stop for lunch and a coffee or 2 in the services and you'll be fine .

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Take a flask and ask Simon to fill it for you ..... I know you can stop in services etc for coffee, but if it was me I'd be too excited to want to get out of my new pride and joy .... I'd also take a sleeping bag and clean underwear for an overnight stop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Did you not even ask for a few freebees thrown in?. For the price of a van like that I would have expected some of those items included at least.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
First stop at a retail park to get a watering can and possibly a camping gaz stove unless B&Q ( or another retailer on the park) has a calor outlet? Unless you take a sleeping bag you could also pick up bedding.

When we sold our van all the odds and ends went with it as we had no idea if we will ever get another and I couldn't manage the hassle of selling the bits and bobs.

I know A class motorhomes have some disadvantages but they have lots of advantages as well. Our Hymer was an A class and I preferred it to the vans we have had since. The layout was far superior to anything since.

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Afore ye depart homeward, Trago Mills is next door. Most of what you list is probably available there, at a decent price.

Fuel is cheapest in Devon, so fill up on way out. Use furthest pump, ask how I know :unsure: :censored:

Minted lamb in various guises is well worth getting.

Upvote 0
May 3, 2021
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Alto 2013
Exp
Since 2021
I'm local to Select - if you want to get propane whilst you're here, then about 5 mins away from the dealership is a Mole Valley Farmers on Heathfield industrial estate - they stock Flogas cylinders at good prices (no membership required) - that's where we get our Flogas from.

Trago does sell gas, but only Butane & patio gas, or pumped LPG.

Enjoy the new van!

Upvote 0
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Afore ye depart homeward, Trago Mills is next door. Most of what you list is probably available there, at a decent price.

Fuel is cheapest in Devon, so fill up on way out. Use furthest pump, ask how I know :unsure: :censored:

Minted lamb in various guises is well worth getting.
Was in the queue for diesel at Trago mills 6 weeks ago. The cheapest fuel by far but everyone knows about it. The queue was 40 minutes long!:LOL:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I'm local to Select - if you want to get propane whilst you're here, then about 5 mins away from the dealership is a Mole Valley Farmers on Heathfield industrial estate - they stock Flogas cylinders at good prices (no membership required) - that's where we get our Flogas from.

Trago does sell gas, but only Butane & patio gas, or pumped LPG.

Enjoy the new van!
It’s laid out for Gaslow but no bottles left in the van 😐

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Was in the queue for diesel at Trago mills 6 weeks ago. The cheapest fuel by far but everyone knows about it. The queue was 40 minutes long!:LOL:
Yes when I drove down last month in my “old” van it was 10p cheaper than everywhere else 👍😁 so I filled up to return to Scotland

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i know they will be no use for you on your way home, but Basildog was selling some 10 year cylinders at a very good price - is it worth calling in on your way back to Scotland?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Gingernuts
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
i know they will be no use for you on your way home, but Basildog was selling some 10 year cylinders at a very good price - is it worth calling in on your way back to Scotland?
Funny I was thinking to leave one Gaslow in my “old” van and get another to make 2 new ones in the new van! Great minds…👍

Upvote 0
Nov 2, 2022
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Optima T65 de
Exp
Too long
I am doing similar next week travelling from north Cumbria down to near Brighton to p/ex and collect a Hymer.
I am breaking the journey half way staying on an old friend’s drive in the West Midlands. Same on the way back.
What could possibly go wrong?
Good luck Gingernuts, hope all goes well for your trip.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back