Parking in France (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

mickpott88

Free Member
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
So last year I went down the west coast of France and had no issues with finding parking for my Fiat Ducato campervan.. this year I’ve came down the east and I’m currently in the south and I can’t find any parking without a height restriction barrier in place has anyone else came across this problem?

I’m inbetween Cannes and St Tropez and want to find a nice beach with parking close by (two kids aged 1 and 4 so can’t walk far) every beach I’ve tried the parking is no campervans or motorhomes or barrier restricted, and I find this bizarre considering France is so motorhome friendly! We feel like we’ve came all this way and we’re stuck in the campsite! Any recommendations would be much appreciated

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
So last year I went down the west coast of France and had no issues with finding parking for my Fiat Ducato campervan.. this year I’ve came down the east and I’m currently in the south and I can’t find any parking without a height restriction barrier in place has anyone else came across this problem?

I’m inbetween Cannes and St Tropez and want to find a nice beach with parking close by (two kids aged 1 and 4 so can’t walk far) every beach I’ve tried the parking is no campervans or motorhomes or barrier restricted, and I find this bizarre considering France is so motorhome friendly! We feel like we’ve came all this way and we’re stuck in the campsite! Any recommendations would be much appreciated
South of France is almost impossible for motorhomes unless you use the sites.
Saying that there is a good aire in saint maxime.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mickpott88

Free Member
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato

Parking for the day not overnight*

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Try the coast between Saint Maxime and Les Issambres, You can’t stay over night,but there are plenty of parking next to the sea during the day,but best to get there early this time of year, as you know it’s very busy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mickpott88

Free Member
Jul 30, 2024
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Try the coast between Saint Maxime and Les Issambres, You can’t stay over night,but there are plenty of parking next to the sea during the day,but best to get there early this time of year, as you know it’s very busy.
Yeah it’s absolutely manic this time of year, I will be avoiding it in future but thanks for the suggestion I will check it out!

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp

Try parkapedia, i have always found it very usefull

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We stopped at a cheap aire here, this time last year. Great beach and bars. Also a small Carrefour and decent bakery.
Screenshot_20240730_161102_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240730_161044_Gallery.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Forgot to add it's right on a large car park where you can park for the day. If I remember right, it was only €5 for the night.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Several years ago we had a great break at the aire at Narbonne Plage, a lot further round but literally on the beach. Never been in late July August as it used to be busy enough for us in France in June!

Upvote 0
Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan

France is , of course , motorhome friendly but high season , hotspots ?
Not so much .
Was surprised when I first encountered this so tend to avoid . I know that is not helpful for you but looks as though you've got some good info .

Upvote 0

minesapint

Free Member
Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years

There are some very nice sites in that part of the world, but having spoken to locals a couple of years age, they were getting fed up with the beach sites being blocked by Mohos and campers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Scramble around the rocks to right of the main beach and there's a much smaller less used beach.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Camping Mures is up the coast, it's dearer due to its location, but a good base to cycle into St Tropez and see all the multi million £ floating gin palaces.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
South of France is almost impossible for motorhomes unless you use the sites.
Saying that there is a good aire in saint maxime.
Another reason for us to go into Germany, Austria and Slovenia. We had several stops on Stellplatz in all three countries, one in Slovenia was free and right next to a huge swimming pool well off the beaten track but listed in CamperComtact. all we had to pay fro was the water and access to the pool which being Slovenia was very cheap. We had an excellent stay in Ptug next to Terme Ptug which is a huge swimming complex with all that involves and huge grass areas for picnics etc. The campsite offered a free armbands for access to the complex . The campsite facilities were excellent, much cleaner than many I have encountered in th UK and France and I mean properly cleaned not the usual stick a hose pipe in the area and wash it out. The downside is that Austria and Slovenia require vignettes for their motorways but these are bought as digital vignettes soon stick on the windscreens etc but you can buy at many stops on the motorways, Germany of course is free everywhere.. Interestingly the Slovenian services on the motorways do not appear to have higher fuel charges and it seems they have a fixed price for fuel in the country.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back