Parking fine - car not motorhome (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I’ve never had a parking fine before- 60 years since I got my licence.
This fine is for parking in a shoppers car park. They have a photo of me going in at 14.15 and out again next morning at 08.15. Can I make them produce before and after photos. Both trips were a 10 minute shop in Sainsburys. I have filled a form in explaining that their system obviously got confused as it was 29th Feb/1st March, should I bother doing anything else, or just wait and see.
Thanks.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I’ve never had a parking fine before- 60 years since I got my licence.
This fine is for parking in a shoppers car park. They have a photo of me going in at 14.15 and out again next morning at 08.15. Can I make them produce before and after photos. Both trips were a 10 minute shop in Sainsburys. I have filled a form in explaining that their system obviously got confused as it was 29th Feb/1st March, should I bother doing anything else, or just wait and see.
Thanks.
If you paid by credit, debit or used a loyalty card it should show the time of each visit.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Pursue the matter with the shop manager. He/she/them/it can negate the fine if they contract a parking company. If you are in the right then just send a few letters or emails, keeping a copy, but then if they persist tell them that from now on you will be charging them £50 a letter and see them in court.

It’s a pain but you do feel good when you win. Don’t expect an apology though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Some of the "rules" when dealing with a parking fine here

The First Rule of Parking Fines: Strictly use the postal service only for all communications.

NEVER contact the company using any electronic method.
No Phone calls, no emails, no Text/WhatsApps.

The Second Rule of Parking Fines: They are never on your side, even when they are obviously wrong.

They are all devious liars, they are sneaky and underhand bullies, they have the morals of a politician.
Treat the company as your enemy. You have to be even nastier than they are.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
That’s all well and good, but have you seen the price of stamps😩🤬
Yes.
It's hideous.

But if you only use post, they have to reply using post,

They then have to actually write a letter, and print it, and find an envelope and then take it to the post box.
All of which costs them money, and they are paying for people to buy the stamp, print the letter, find the envelope, and then walk to the post box.

It means the cost to the company to reply to your letter is many many times the cost of the stamp.

Remembering the 3rd rule of Parking Fines: You only ever deal with the CEO, directly at a personal level, by post.

This means you are wasting the time of the most expensive person in the entire company, and their staff, as someone has to bring him his personal mail, and then deal with it.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
A while back I had similar.
Went in and out in 20 minutes. Went back later that day. They used both entry images to say over time.
I pointed out I had to leave to re-enter and to check image about 5 minutes after receipt time which would show me leaving.
They confirmed matter closed and no further action.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
A while back I had similar.
Went in and out in 20 minutes. Went back later that day. They used both entry images to say over time.
I pointed out I had to leave to re-enter and to check image about 5 minutes after receipt time which would show me leaving.
They confirmed matter closed and no further action.
But did they say sorry to have wasted your time?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I had similar , two visits in one day , told them it was two visits , check their system for other pics , as i had receipt for parking 30 miles away during relevant time period , had email back saying matter cancelled no apology for their lack of due diligence tho !

Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
I had the same at Bath Homebase (now gone). Two visits hours apart taken as one long stay.

I went in and actually spoke to the customer service people, showing the two receipts. Fine was cancelled, no further action was required.

I'd recommend that course if they have such a thing as customer service desks. The shop won;t want to discourage buyers. I heard that sometimes they cover the costs with the 3rd party parking gangsters themselves, though I can't verify that.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Their system seems to look for an image of the number plate over 2 hours (or so), it skips past earlier departures.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
My stepdaughter lives in Mid Wales got a parking ticket from a supermarket in Milton Keynes. They sent her photocopies of 'her' car entering, then leaving the car park 16 hours later. The photo of the car entering was a dark coloured Seat who's reg number was one digit different from her silver Seat. The car leaving was a dark coloured Audi who's reg number was nothing like hers.
Not the most confident driver, her car has never been more than 20 miles from home! She eventually got it sorted (without an apology) but it shook her fragile confidence to take her car any further afield :(
Just makes you wonder what sort of people they employ

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
In the week, a Radio 2, Jeremy Vine, about Private Parking companies and their tricks, also how to fight them! Probably on iPlayer.

Also;

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
When I was threatened by a parking company I ignored them, when the debt collectors wrote I ignored them. Finally they telephoned, I don't know how they got the number, threatened me with court I said go ahead THEN they asked if I had proof I replied mind your own business any more harassment I will involve our learned friends. Never heard from them since. I couldn't prove it wasn't me but you are innocent until proven guilty in court, not by some greedy company trying to intimidate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back