Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Only you can judge that.

However on the basis that £9.99 would be saved on a single free stopover it doesn’t seem like it’s a difficult judgement.

Ian

Upvote 0
OP
OP
alecturn1
Jul 18, 2023
Coventry, UK
Funster No
MH
hymer swing
Only you can judge that.

However on the basis that £9.99 would be saved on a single free stopover it doesn’t seem like it’s a difficult judgement.

Ian
Yes I understand that,I was more on about the reliability cos I did see a couple of comments where people couldn’t get it up on their tablets and phones.

Upvote 0
Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
As above, you can use it in "free" mode without paying but some location details can only be seen once you've paid up.
Searchforsites is much more insistant that you cough up after a trial period (although the web version is fine).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Been using it for years, great app.
It was down for a few days recently, but never had that before.

The website still worked , it just affected the App

Upvote 0

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Have used it constantly for over two months on our Scandinavia trip. It’s great for planning a direction of travel. If you don’t like the first there will be another close by. I have used the free version for a few years but paid for this trip and pleased I did. It has now greatly improved and is really pushing for responsible PARKING not camping. The number of people getting chairs and tables out has greatly reduced. Unfortunately there are a few idiots who spoil it for the rest of us.
If you want sites I think search for sites is best but for Park-Ups P4N can’t be beaten. For just over £6 it’s worth the support.
We got to rely on it so much that the few days outage recently left us in a bit of a pickle as we had got out of the habit of sniffing places out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Yes I understand that,I was more on about the reliability cos I did see a couple of comments where people couldn’t get it up on their tablets and phones.
There was an issue with their server recently, affecting everyone, free and paid.

I believe you can download the data and use it offline if you are a paid subscriber.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2021
Tropical Skelmorlie
Funster No
MH
Globecar 5.4 Shine
Exp
Since 2013
An excellent app with excellent support. I've used the paid version for years, but I've NEVER been able to get the offline version to work, despite following their instructions to the letter.

The recent outage is the first I've encountered, and it made me realise just how heavily I rely on it. We've used it extensively in just about every country in Europe, and it never fails to deliver. The extensive user comments on each location (with automatic translation) are probably the best feature - so you know exactly what to expect.

Upvote 0

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’ve used the paid version. I think the reviews are only available on the paid version? A wide range of reviews on each site have determined our choice as to which site to stay on, and it hasn’t failed us yet.

You’ll get the fee back on the first couple of sites you choose.

Also the network coverage has been iffy in some areas, so another reason for a paid version.

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I'm happy (for Martin) to pay. I get it on my devices on the back of his payment. If paying helps them to keep it running smoothly, then it's a no brainer.

We've both now downloaded the Spain/Portugal maps to use offline. You need to pay to do that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back