Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
1717600223801.png

Hello, for anyone interested in the above subject this forum site is excellent. It costs £8 ISH per year and is international so this adds more depth to the hobby and interest.
Now for the best bit every year there is a camping rally at Seaton lakes caravan and camping park, Newark. This rally starts on the Wednesday and ends the following Monday. It costs about £7:50 per night. It has access to toilets, fresh water and elsan. The rally field is exclusive to the forum and is safe, dog friendly and friendly. Lots of old lamps and stoves are on show and you can take your own.
Down side is it starts today so maybe a bit late for anyone interested but I thought I'd put it out there because of the rally next week in same area.
I hope this is helpful for some.

1717600345450.png

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
I m not too sure how many paraffin lamps I have. I had a load of of old BR Tillies but dont know where they are. Could be at mine or my dads. (He was the one that reallocated them!)
I would have gone to this

OP
OP
Outdoors Dad
Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
The photos were from last year, hopefully the weather is the same this year. :wasntme:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Man, it must be like a sauna in those tents! We used to use just one Tilley to light and heat a huge trailer tent. Amazing, wonderful and beauteous things.

I also have some Feuerhand hurricane lamps and a couple of Lampe Olympes. There’s nothing like the warmth and light that an old paraffin lamp can give.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back