PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
More co-axial cable issues me things. Turn engine off, turn on hab power and wiggle the cable from tv to satellite system. If still doesn’t retract, strip ends and refit ensuring a good connection. TV must be on as it’ll take power from it.

Hope it helps, if not then Anthony is brilliant and will help when he can, but it’s Saturday and he might take a while to come back to you.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
If you need to move off see if anyone has a ladder and spanners so you can slacken the bolts/nuts circled,lower dish and retighten,I can't see an Oyster dish being different to any others 🤞

IMG_4774.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bleau’s
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
5 hrs later I am still waiting for my supplying dealer to ring me back but the lady at motorhome supplies in Wakefield who I have used before talked me through the tests ended up removing the main oyster box from the wall and removing the power lead and leaving for 5 minutes before reconnecting it the dish then went down as normal . Thanks for all the advice.

Upvote 0
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
We had an Alden dish and that would occasionally stick but if I disconnected the main feed into the wall box for a few seconds it would always come down ok

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Glad I’ve taken mine off, no use nor ornament, streaming or dvds are the way forward for me!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
On a park and due to leave Oyster will not retract even with the engine running carthago e line help please
Good afternoon Bleau’s

Glad you got the system sorted so you can carry on with your travels. On the weekend it's not easy to get hold of someone however if it's urgent you can always PM us on our Facebook page which we still monitor over the weekend. You may not get a reply straight away but we will always come back to you that day to try and assist.

Manic thank you for the tag on this one.

On another note while I'm here I think this site is absolutely fantastic for people trying to help each other out. I really do commend the majority of Funsters for taking the time to help fellow motor homers out when they run into problems by why is it there's always someone who just has to reply with a random pointless comment about a paperweight or other irrelevant drivel. Each to their what they choose to have in or on their own vehicle but why waste yours and other peoples time with such a non helpful and needless comment?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Anthony. Perhaps it was a lame and not really helpful comment to the OP and I know you are a great help to a lot of people on here, me included in the past. I had the oyster 3 85” and with all the latest updates I could only watch itv and bbc and the +1 hour in various regions, and abroad where I spend a lot of time, got very little of that, so really unless I was missing something it really was no use to me at all, I couldn’t get anything else, so the firestick enables me to watch a huge array of different programs, apps and platforms (which the satellite doesn’t do) albeit with the really low cost of data. So the removal of the dish and installation of more solar made sense to me!
No offence intended👍

Upvote 0

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Anthony. Perhaps it was a lame and not really helpful comment to the OP and I know you are a great help to a lot of people on here, me included in the past. I had the oyster 3 85” and with all the latest updates I could only watch itv and bbc and the +1 hour in various regions, and abroad where I spend a lot of time, got very little of that, so really unless I was missing something it really was no use to me at all, I couldn’t get anything else, so the firestick enables me to watch a huge array of different programs, apps and platforms (which the satellite doesn’t do) albeit with the really low cost of data. So the removal of the dish and installation of more solar made sense to me!
No offence intended👍
To be quite honest WESTY66 I've probably woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Been a long few weeks and need a holiday but that's not your fault so apologies if I was a little on the rude side.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I always found Anthony a very helpful source of knowledge when I had issues with my oyster satellite system. Sadly the last time it packed in, it was deemed uneconomical to repair for the use I got from it. Recently removed the dish to make room for more solar, so if anyone needs parts give me a shout

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
To be quite honest WESTY66 I've probably woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Been a long few weeks and need a holiday but that's not your fault so apologies if I was a little on the rude side.
No need for apologies, Not a problem, I do get where you was coming from👍👍
I always found Anthony a very helpful source of knowledge when I had issues with my oyster satellite system. Sadly the last time it packed in, it was deemed uneconomical to repair for the use I got from it. Recently removed the dish to make room for more solar, so if anyone needs parts give me a shout
As did I when I asked Anthony a question, he is a count of all satellite knowledge, and the same as you my sat dish was probably on its way out and I’ve done the same👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back