Overnight parking and sleeping in Spain (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I was reading another post on here , which i'm sorry I can't find again about the above.

In it a funster was saying that in Spain it's legal to sleep in your motorhome anywhere as long as you are parked legally.
Obviously the definition of legally or properly parked is open to interpretation.
The post also explained that 'camping' ie. chairs out, side windows open etc. is not allowed and is policed in many areas.

Would any funsters confirm this, please.

I don't intend to do this and of course will be mainly heading for Aires and campsites but I wan't to know if we find ourselves in extremis etc.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Broken Link Removed
have a read of that and it may be explained easier .
but remember parking in national parks over night is frowned upon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The n332 link is a very useful site.. They also have a page on Facebook.

This is a handy link for Spanish aires..
Link Removed

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
We have been doing it over recent years without any problems, parked on beach, road's, car parks etc. I think the word camping is the key, don't expect to get your table and chairs out and set up as if you are on a site, don't park outside someones front door, show a little consideration for the locals and they are usually ok.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
What I am not sure about is whether one is breaching the rules if one carries chairs, or even wind breaks, from a MH from the road/CP to the beach, like many car owners do.

I also do not understand why having one's side windows open on the first 'notch' and protruding less than the wing mirrors should be an offence.

Geoff

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I also do not understand why having one's side windows open on the first 'notch' and protruding less than the wing mirrors should be an offence.
It could be because wing mirrors do not count in vehicle measurements & why they have to fold in to within the widest part of the vehicle bodywork.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It could be because wing mirrors do not count in vehicle measurements & why they have to fold in to within the widest part of the vehicle bodywork.
Couldn’t fold our mirrors as suggested we have A class with coach type mirrors.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back