Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2023
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Everyone
Can you help me to reset my outside temperature sensor, after replacing my wing mirror, Thanks....x

Jan 23, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift 686
Exp
Escaping since 2012
If it's on a ducato then then it should be plug and play! What did you have replaced? Did the new mirror come with a temperature probe? Do you have any temperature read out?

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
Can you see the little nipple sticking out underneath the mirror casing? That is the sensor, depending where you got it from some don't come with them fitted.

This may help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Can anyone tell me where the outside temperature gauge is on a Hymer B588DL is located please
On my 2006 Hymer A Class it's below the Trauma boiler. It's very nondescript but you can confirm it by putting an ice cube to it and seeing the temperature fall on the control panel

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
None
I believe this is only relevent to engines with Adblue. Older DPF systems may even not have a temperature sensor.
I couldn't say for sure .. OPs van is 2016 ... Van in video was 2018

Also, they don't fit a temperature sensor simply to display the temperature on the dashboard .. it may well have other functions.. DPF operation is just one possibility .. why I said it was important to be operational ..

from the Fiat handbook >>

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 13.01.22.png

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Can anyone tell me where the outside temperature gauge is on a Hymer B588DL is located please
I'd start looking at the wing mirrors
However with any A class van, it's a bit of a guess.
Possibly the nearest place to the engine/dashboard where it's not going to be affected by either direct sunlight or engine or cab heating

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
SpeedyDux scotjimland
just to clarify the sensor question
There are a number of ambient temperature sensors on the Ducato
1 IAT in the MAF sensor
2 with MAP sensor (not exactly ambient but is use to check MAF )
both controlled by engine ecu
3 temp sensor in mirror
controlled by body ecu.
with the Adblue models there are even more temperature sensors( on the fiat they are in a separate Adblu module.)
The temp sensor in mirror has a significance in regeneration of adblu models definitely Peugeot Citroen models. Was this then inherited by the adblu fiats just using the pre existing adblu methodology?
Does it have significance in regeneration of X250 or earlier ? No it was an optional extra on the X250 many with and without but have the DPF.
I suspect the IAT is used for the regen function, why? Because these are all important critical to the engine and are controlled by the engine ecu on the high speed can bus. The mirror sensor is controlled by the Body ECU on the lo speed canbus and is used by electronic climate control and the comformatic.
The information in the X290 Converters Manual implies that (at least for non Ad-Blu models, which it pre-dates) the external temperature sensor is a requirement only when the vehicle is fitted with Automatic Climate Control and/or the Comfortmatic gearbox. Some vehicles are provided as Chassis Cowls, without any mirrors (or doors ) and thus the converter must add a sensor elsewhere. Hence the questions wheres my Hymer A class temp sensor.
Thus the mirror sensor does have a significance but not to the extent of the Doom and Gloom merchants i've read elsewhere (i repeat elsewhere) Pherhaps i should have been more wordy last time.
mirror2.png

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back