Odd line on MH (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Annie77

Free Member
Jul 23, 2024
Funster No
MH
autocruise stargazer
Hi. We are looking at buying a Rollerteam Zefiro second hand. We have paid a deposit on one but the dealer has called to say that there appears to an issue with the side wall of the van. I’ve attached pics and a video. We love it but is this substantial? Does it impact on the structural integrity? They have absolutely said there is no water ingress or damp. How will this impact us when we come to sell it in say 5 years time. We really really love it but can’t afford to make the wrong decision. Help!
6837a4e8-e53c-4ba2-bcae-522a83d33c9d.jpeg

TheBig1

Deceased RIP
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would say that is caused by an internal support in the wall. Not that uncommon to see ripples in the sides of modern vans and they don't detract from the structural integrity

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Without actually seeing it I would agree with TheBig1 but they do look a bit deeper than normal.
Our new Carthago looks awfuf when the sunlight catches it at the right angle.

I'm surprised the dealer doesn't know this.

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Without a proper look its hard to say, it does look like a strike mark as it appears quite deep, we had a Pilote that like Lennys Carthago when seen at a certain angle you could see all the moulding marks, if in any doubt walk away there are loads more coming onto the market, pay your subs and scan the classifieds in this site and also get unlimited use of the communal pool of knowledge

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2022
Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Annie77 We have a 2017 Roller Team, to me the build quality is atrocious. The floor has become compressed, it's not delamination just the polystyrene sandwich compressing. Other parts there isn't enough glue to bond the outer fibreglass skin to the polystyrene behind it.
In my view you'd be better off spending your money on a different brand but at the right price anything is repairable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
My Burstner has lines going across the roof at what I assume is the support sections. I notice them in particular sunlight when looking from the upstairs bedroom in our house.

It's obviously a thing because I discovered a section on the Burstner website in the FAQ. Clearly they've had questions about it before. Not sure if that's similar to yours but it goes to show you can get stuff going on like that.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
It maybe nothing that affects the itegrity of the side wall as others have pointed out but without taking the inside apart how do you know ? My cousin has a Roller Team 747(?), it had to be taken to Auto - Trail, same Group as Roller - Team, to have one side wall replaced, luckily under Warranty.

I would be very reticent about purchasing a second - hand van with an obvious and unknown fault and would 'Walk Away' as previously suggested.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
As others have said it is difficult to properly assess on a video. It does look quite deep.

I think it would have an impact on you selling it in the future, either on the price you may get for it or the number of people who would walk away.

Difficult decision for you.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Just to add, I would be very surprised if the dealer had not noticed that when they took it in, so likely knew about it when you viewed the van and choose not to mention it then.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
17 fun filled years
I think it's call the Hugry horse effect and thought it was visiable on most vans in the right conditions, I can see it on mine. I was told it was due to materials expanding at a slightly different amount.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Hi. We are looking at buying a Rollerteam Zefiro second hand. We have paid a deposit on one but the dealer has called to say that there appears to an issue with the side wall of the van. I’ve attached pics and a video. We love it but is this substantial? Does it impact on the structural integrity? They have absolutely said there is no water ingress or damp. How will this impact us when we come to sell it in say 5 years time. We really really love it but can’t afford to make the wrong decision. Help! View attachment 926895
View attachment 926896

Have you seen suavecarve has a Rollerteam for sale,a real bargain ?

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
That looks a Bargain , lovely Van for someone ,to save a lot of Cash snap this up save the Stealer from having the problem of all that Profit to Bank.

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
That looks a Bargain , lovely Van for someone ,to save a lot of Cash snap this up save the Stealer from having the problem of all that Profit to Bank.
Thank you.

It is well and truly set up for not having to pay a penny for anything else whilst abroad !

It is a genuine bargain (I m bound to say that !) and the whole history of the van is on here (including my life altering back injury) so it can all be checked out

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Plenty of other motorhomes to view, it’s becoming a buyers market.

Here, you can borrow my trainers and save any future worry or depreciation 👟

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Harmony line 690g
Plenty of other motorhomes to view, it’s becoming a buyers market.

Here, you can borrow my trainers and save any future worry or depreciation 👟
Restricted to how many will have that list of Extra Equipment that this van has though

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back