North East Truck & Van York - stick or twist? (1 Viewer)

49gamesunbeaten

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2014
North East Truck & Van York - stick or twist? Fiat Ducato 130, x290, 2015, 24500 miles, EML codes .. P2452-11 & P2454-29 dropped off at above place this week, Monday 22nd, they called shortly after "we can clear the errors and you can pick it up as nothing wrong with it"!, fine i'll pick it up in the morning (Tuesday) They called Tuesday morning (Yesterday) "leave the van with us as the eml light is back on". I called this afternoon for update, they said "they havn't yet found an answer, but our top technician has so far spent 4 hrs @ £130ph on it. They have no answers but will continue to search". does anyone know any other garages who could help at lower hourly rate. the bill is increasing as we speak and i'm wondering what to do, as anyone else experienced this with the above garage? Many thanks.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Sounds very similar to my experience!

I’d cut your losses if I were you. I ended up with a £700 bill at NE truck and van at Immingham and they did sod all. Bunch of cowboys and left the van in a right state.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
49gamesunbeaten

49gamesunbeaten

Free Member
Dec 13, 2015
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2014
Sounds very similar to my experience!

I’d cut your losses if I were you. I ended up with a £700 bill at NE truck and van at Immingham and they did sod all. Bunch of cowboys and left the van in a right state.
Hi Lisa, I had similar problems last year and took to 3 garages who kept replacing sensors at between £300-£400 bills but eml kept coming back on. eventually took it to NETV York who said they are the only garage who can fix it with their software, they repeated the same work all the others previously did for £500! Thanks

Upvote 0

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hi Lisa, I had similar problems last year and took to 3 garages who kept replacing sensors at between £300-£400 bills but eml kept coming back on. eventually took it to NETV York who said they are the only garage who can fix it with their software, they repeated the same work all the others previously did for £500! Thanks
I ended up taking the van to PK automotive in Lincoln. Fiat professionals send their “tricky” work to them. They don’t have a problem with their software. Diagnoses what Fiat can’t 😉

Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012

See my post there 👍 49gamesunbeaten

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
North East Truck & Van York - stick or twist? Fiat Ducato 130, x290, 2015, 24500 miles, EML codes .. P2452-11 & P2454-29 dropped off at above place this week, Monday 22nd, they called shortly after "we can clear the errors and you can pick it up as nothing wrong with it"!, fine i'll pick it up in the morning (Tuesday) They called Tuesday morning (Yesterday) "leave the van with us as the eml light is back on". I called this afternoon for update, they said "they havn't yet found an answer, but our top technician has so far spent 4 hrs @ £130ph on it. They have no answers but will continue to search". does anyone know any other garages who could help at lower hourly rate. the bill is increasing as we speak and i'm wondering what to do, as anyone else experienced this with the above garage? Many thanks.
I think I would be out of there pretty quick and would not want to pay as they are not even capable of using diagnostic equipment ( 4 hours and still no answer)
I would say I don’t mind paying if you knew what your doing🤬

Upvote 0

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
I think I would be out of there pretty quick and would not want to pay as they are not even capable of using diagnostic equipment ( 4 hours and still no answer)
I would say I don’t mind paying if you knew what your doing🤬
Steve, they know exactly what they are doing. My van was in a locked compound and they wouldn’t release the keys until I paid up. Unless things got really messy, that van was staying put and I didn’t fancy a visit from the police so I had to pay up. It was a horrible experience and they were complete a.holes.

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Steve, they know exactly what they are doing. My van was in a locked compound and they wouldn’t release the keys until I paid up. Unless things got really messy, that van was staying put and I didn’t fancy a visit from the police so I had to pay up. It was a horrible experience and they were complete a.holes.
I must admit all new vehicles and complicated ecu and electronics is what would stop us renewing our current van☹️

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Why can't these so-called garages realise that fault codes are SYMPTOMS not faults? Well it's because they are trained these days to follow what it says on the computer screen.

You need a garage that's used to the foibles of Fiat Ducatos. If your local health/authority uses Ducatos try finding out who does their servicing. People slag off Fiat Professional but I have to say that FP at Washington (Tyne & Wear) went straight to the problem after I'd spent upwards of £600 on garages who said they'd fixed it but it came back a short time later.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 669
TerryL has it in a nutshell, I had issues with my ABS, warranty garage had it for ages and eventually said they'd some change parts (??) but the issue came back soon afterwards. Went to the local garage who also works on the regions ambulances etc, they found the issue, sent it away the part, repaired it and no issues since.

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Cost me over £3000-00 for the Immingham branch to diagnose a broken wire above front shocker which kept sending it to limp mode and for recovery to there place when they broke down after collection from me . The parts was £2.50 . Never again is it going there

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back