Nice touch from C&MC (1 Viewer)

Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
June 2017
I had a call earlier from the Tewkesbury Abbey site to inform me that although they are open tomorrow there’s this dirty big puddle across the entrance and that it would be advisable to bring suitable footwear. Luckily I’ve left the wellies in the van, purchased, as it happens, in Tewkesbury last year.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I had a call earlier from the Tewkesbury Abbey site to inform me that although they are open tomorrow there’s this dirty big puddle across the entrance and that it would be advisable to bring suitable footwear. Luckily I’ve left the wellies in the van, purchased, as it happens, in Tewkesbury last year.
Nice one. We are in Tewksbury next Thursday

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I have had nothing but praise for CAMC sites that we have either gone to or departed from in recent months. We’ve had need to utilise their customer service on several occasions in last 4 mths.
1 we had to delay expected arrival date by 6/9 hrs at Christmas.
Ass warden phoned ahead and explained situation, to the point of the site appointed a pitch before arrival- a good pitch too, which we would have selected if we had arrived on schedule.
2 delayed departure again, for same reason, vermin, a couple months apart, not as organised, change of ass warden, but wasn’t as involved as I’d taken car. Hubby returned to site waiting for breakdown, I was told to go home till further notice. A bit stressful as kept informing site and was told better be here by 8 pm. Traffic was horrendous on m62. Felt I was imposing when really I was just letting the site know we were on our way. Once over stress, a good wk away was had and got there about 7 ish, plan was 1pm ish.
3 vermin had not only made short work of van but had decided to attack a 68 reg car. I put on here a query to what rights I had whilst paying for storage. . I forewent any rights I may have, which were non! I appealed to the warden, which has been beneficial. There are, plans to ensure reduction in rodent activity, by van and across storage site. At this point our van is within actual site rather than storage pitch until these plans have been implemented. I realise the implementaion may not have a good result but do feel that there has been an effort to a resolution.
4 We have, last wkend, been on a camc rally, saving a fiver a night, accessing all facilities inc Ehu. A very pleasant welcome from both staff on site and Rally Marshall. Burrs country park, I wasn’t expecting to have a decent wkend, no idea why, just wasn’t an area of interest. I’d seen that the site was always full. So decided to give it a go based on this alone. Well I throughly enjoyed the area, Bury market is a must. It fissed down with rain all weekend, from start to finish, but there is access to a vast area to walk dogs and people, steam train. Really an oasis, unexpected. Would I go again, certainly, hopefully during better weather.

Soz for such a long post but felt that sometimes credit isn’t given where credit is due.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
4 We have, last wkend, been on a camc rally, saving a fiver a night, accessing all facilities inc Ehu. A very pleasant welcome from both staff on site and Rally Marshall. Burrs country park, I wasn’t expecting to have a decent wkend, no idea why, just wasn’t an area of interest. I’d seen that the site was always full. So decided to give it a go based on this alone. Well I throughly enjoyed the area, Bury market is a must. It fissed down with rain all weekend, from start to finish, but there is access to a vast area to walk dogs and people, steam train. Really an oasis, unexpected. Would I go again, certainly, hopefully during better weather.

OK, tongue very much in cheek!!!!!
Obviously, this is the real reason you went to Burrs Country Park.
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4683864
Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!
:imoutahere::imoutahere::imoutahere:

Did you go into the Brown Cow? Biggest gammon steak ever!

OP
OP
La Pluma
Feb 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
June 2017
They weren’t lying

Attachments

• DAAB1C57-55C3-41B8-8F23-DAE3F0C9C6FF.jpeg
    DAAB1C57-55C3-41B8-8F23-DAE3F0C9C6FF.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 23

Deleted User
A puddle at the entrance is nothing to worry about, they had serious flooding there a few years ago when the Avon and the Severn burst their banks. 1 week after we had been there. The office is built about 7 ft off the ground. Nice town though Tewksbury with a beautiful abbey.

Spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back