New to Globecar (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2023
Guildford, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2022
We've just purchased a 2011 Globcar Campscout with 22,000 miles on the clock - It's being prepped over the next week or so. Does anyone have any advice regarding what we need to look out for when we do the handover? Also anything that is likely to go wrong in the first few months of ownership especially regarding damp? (We have a 3 month guarantee on the vehicle).

For context: Our previous MH was a 2006 Autocruise Starseeker that was written off by a load of druggies hitting it side on at very high speed. So we have a year's experience with a coach built vehicle, but no experience with panel van conversions.

Many thanks.

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
No specific advice, but the best handover advice I ever had was to video the handover on your phone. It saves so much time over reading the flipping manual.

Enjoy your new van

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
I agree to video the handover. You will forget most of the stuff by the time you get away in your van and manuals are a pain. Our first trip in our van we were freezing and couldn't get the TV to work. I would say take a small plug in blow heater with you in case you can't get the heating to work for the first time. It takes the pressure off you if you have some heat in the van to get you by.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back