New Swift Voyager 594 automatic (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 22, 2023
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Vogue 694
Hi. Does anybody have a new Swift Voyager 594 automatic? If so would you recommend it?
I would be greatful for any reviews.
Thank you.

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
2021 and counting
Don’t know about the swift part of your van, but the fiat 9speed box is in my opinion is a great piece of kit and a very good update from the original auto box, takes a couple of thousand miles to loosen it up, but then seems to get a lot smoother.
I have no complaints about it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clive G
Aug 22, 2023
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Vogue 694
Hi
Thanks for a reply, however I have a 2019 Swift 594 with semi automatic gearbox and only 10,000 miles Although it drives well especially after a remap there have been to many things that needed fixing. Replacing airbag module, clutch oil replacement, fixing drain pipes in engine, (common fault, water dropping onto plugs,) changing cam and drive belts, and more. All issues before remap. By the way Fiat are changing from a 9 speed gearbox to an 8 speed japanese gearbox.

Upvote 0

plug

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2022
West Kingsdown, UK
Funster No
MH
tracker eks
Exp
2021 and counting
Hi
Thanks for a reply, however I have a 2019 Swift 594 with semi automatic gearbox and only 10,000 miles Although it drives well especially after a remap there have been to many things that needed fixing. Replacing airbag module, clutch oil replacement, fixing drain pipes in engine, (common fault, water dropping onto plugs,) changing cam and drive belts, and more. All issues before remap. By the way Fiat are changing from a 9 speed gearbox to an 8 speed japanese gearbox.
Let hope it performs like the ZF box as most of the big car manufacturers us zf.
Do you know who supplying the new box.

Upvote 0

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I don't own one but did look at one as a possible change. My thoughts were that the weights and payload were not practical for a 4 berth van. It was being built on the Ford light chassis with only 370kg payload and there was no towing capability.
Also there were many reports of the injectors on the transit engine were still failing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Clive G
Aug 22, 2023
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Vogue 694
I don't own one but did look at one as a possible change. My thoughts were that the weights and payload were not practical for a 4 berth van. It was being built on the Ford light chassis with only 370kg payload and there was no towing capability.
Also there were many reports of the injectors on the transit engine were still failing.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back