Nationwide Flex Plus travel insurance (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
I have a flex plus account with Nationwide, I opened the account mainly to benefit from the breakdown insurance.

The travel insurance was of no real benefit as my wife is over 70, however now they have switched to Aviva it would seem over 70’s are covered as standard.

I am now trying to register on the Aviva travel site

Tried a number of times but it does not recognise my details, the details I entered are all correct but it refuses each time saying it does not recognise details.

I am wanting to register with them to see what the extra cost is for a cruise add on.

Trying to contact someone at either NW or Aviva is impossible, I’d have more chance of an audience with the Pope!

Has anyone registered with a Flex Plus account registered with Aviva?

I realise the insurance does not start until May 1st, but it would seem the travel site is live.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Have Nationwide switched over to Aviva yet?.. I thought it was some time in May, if so they (Nationwide) are still with UK Insurance.

Just a thought.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
UK Insurance cruise extension was an extra £40 for a full year. Bargain!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I appreciate to the OP that he was having difficulty getting past the 'Bot' AI that one has to negogiate when ringing
NW.

He/she may find that saying the mantra, "I wish to speak to a human" may prove helpful.

OP
OP
repairer
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
I appreciate to the OP that he was having difficulty getting past the 'Bot' AI that one has to negogiate when ringing
NW.

He/she may find that saying the mantra, "I wish to speak to a human" may prove helpful.
Tried it, eventually I got to chat to an online agent, waste of time, the number they gave me to call was the UK Insurance number which is absolutely useless as Aviva take over contract at end of month.

Going to give it another try after the first of May.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
……. the number they gave me to call was the UK Insurance number which is absolutely useless as Aviva take over contract at end of month.

Maybe not if the ‘free’ over 70s inclusion isn’t at least equivalent to whatever the individual trip extension premium is going to be.

We renewed our Nationwide travel insurance for the next 12 months with UK Insurance only 2 weeks ago due, mainly, to it expiring 2 days before returning home. The age premium wasn’t excessive and the one-off cost for multiple trips of (for us) up to 60 days at a time likewise. Whether or not the Aviva deal will be better remains to be seen.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
You have to register with the current provider then after the end of the month you then have to register with aviva

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You have to register with the current provider then after the end of the month you then have to register with aviva
If you take out the insurance now with UK Insurance you don't register with Aviva until it expires. You only register with Aviva when you want to take out the insurance with them from 1 May.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Morning

Please read the small print on the travel insurance

The policy changes on the 1st of May, partners aren't cover anymore from the 1st May, unless you have a joint account or each have account an account

Children's cover also changes, as it reduces from 24 to 23 yrs of age and with most insurance you have to start in the UK

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
And my understanding is with the Aviva travel extension you will need to take it out for every trip whereas the UK Insurance extensions are for a year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
The policy changes on the 1st of May, partners aren't cover anymore from the 1st May, unless you have a joint account or each have account an account

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

I’ve downloaded and perused the new Nationwide Aviva documentation and on page 10 of the Policy Document under ‘Eligibility’ it states that cover extends to ‘your partner who lives at home with you’. Where is the reference to a qualifying condition being that they must have their own Nationwide account or be a joint account holder?

IMG_1242.png

If that is the case then all the more reason to quickly get onboard with their current provider UK Insurance, where partners are included!

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I too renewed with UK Insurance as I arrived home from a cruise just as my cover expired, and too, we have trips to the Faroes in August and India in January booked so felt safer renewing. The over 70's cost is neither here nor there as far as we're concerned considering the cost to insure elsewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back