Multiecuscan with yellow adaptor owner in Dorset for TPMS reset

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
Just had 5 x Nankang AW-8 225/75R16 121/120R all weather tyres fitted today to our '68 Peugeot Boxer based Majestic.
Pressures set to 3.5 bar front and 4.1 bar rear.
As expected from other threads, the TPMS warning has come up showing all four corners under inflated.
Asking if any member has Multiecuscan with a yellow adaptor for me to attempt a TPMS reset/change who lives within striking range of Poole in Dorset.
1000136454.jpg

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
Sleeveless sent me a message about this saying that Multiecuscan didn't work on his boxer (2015 X290) for TPMS but he had success with lexia/Diagbox after carrying out a wiring mod to the interface box for vans.
Not 100% sure what that was but any info/assistance would be appreciated.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
The info shown on the display shows that the TPMS is working , otherwise you wouldn't be getting messages. The system can't be "reset" as such as there is no actual fault present , it's simply that the pressures being reported by the tyre sensors don't comply with the pressures that the system is looking for, hence the display messages. The data (expected pressures) can be changed in the system with the right equipment . Multiecuscan is a Fiat tool and although most of the body control ECUs on a Boxer are essentially Fiat Ducato , the Canbus is slightly different. The yellow adapter is supposed to connect to the body can , but on mine (Boxer ver X290, model year 2015) Multiecuscan via an ELM 327 connector will connect to the engine , ABS and power steering canbus , it won't connect to any body can with or without the yellow adapter. I have a clone of Diagbox , running on Windows 10 via virtual machine which is Peugeot's diagnostic system and this requires an add on interface box ( S.1279) for Boxer III and Citroen. This box basically allows switching between hi and low can, but on mine it still wouldn't connect to the body can . I found a French website that described the issue and shows how to modify the wiring within the box, having done the mod mine works perfectly . I've lowered the settings by 0.5 bar all round and have now covered 4,000 miles in greater comfort with no issues. screenshot of Diagbox TPMS screen below... Hope this helps...

TPMS  screen.JPG

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
The info shown on the display shows that the TPMS is working , otherwise you wouldn't be getting messages. The system can't be "reset" as such as there is no actual fault present , it's simply that the pressures being reported by the tyre sensors don't comply with the pressures that the system is looking for, hence the display messages. The data (expected pressures) can be changed in the system with the right equipment . Multiecuscan is a Fiat tool and although most of the body control ECUs on a Boxer are essentially Fiat Ducato , the Canbus is slightly different. The yellow adapter is supposed to connect to the body can , but on mine (Boxer ver X290, model year 2015) Multiecuscan via an ELM 327 connector will connect to the engine , ABS and power steering canbus , it won't connect to any body can with or without the yellow adapter. I have a clone of Diagbox , running on Windows 10 via virtual machine which is Peugeot's diagnostic system and this requires an add on interface box ( S.1279) for Boxer III and Citroen. This box basically allows switching between hi and low can, but on mine it still wouldn't connect to the body can . I found a French website that described the issue and shows how to modify the wiring within the box, having done the mod mine works perfectly . I've lowered the settings by 0.5 bar all round and have now covered 4,000 miles in greater comfort with no issues. screenshot of Diagbox TPMS screen below... Hope this helps...

View attachment 920671
Thank you, a very comprehensive description of how it works.
Not sure how to move forwards from here though.

tinkertaylor

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Started self build December 2020, finished April 2022
I can get the body control ecu to work using the yellow odb and mulitscan on my 2016 peugeot boxer. I have problems with the engine ecu, ford puma engine maybe the issue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey SE 76-2T
Exp
Since 2016
I know mine is a 2020 peugeot model but I have no problem accessing and altering tpms with the yellow adaptor.
Note if you are altering the set tyre pressures you must work in bar not psi.
James

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
I know mine is a 2020 peugeot model but I have no problem accessing and altering tpms with the yellow adaptor.
Shame you're about as far away from Poole Dorset as you can get in the UK!
I don't mind buying the software, interface and adapter for future use if it works, which is why I'd like someone to connect first to see.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Just had 5 x Nankang AW-8 225/75R16 121/120R all weather tyres fitted today to our '68 Peugeot Boxer based Majestic.
Pressures set to 3.5 bar front and 4.1 bar rear.
As expected from other threads, the TPMS warning has come up showing all four corners under inflated.
Asking if any member has Multiecuscan with a yellow adaptor for me to attempt a TPMS reset/change who lives within striking range of Poole in Dorset.
View attachment 920647
Are the aw8 8 ply or 10 ply sides, might be my next tyres

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
Are the aw8 8 ply or 10 ply sides, might be my next tyres
The only thing I can find is:

8PR = Ply Rating (PR) is an indicator of the load capacity of the tyre. The number has no direct relationship to the number of plies.

Hope you haven't got a Peugeot Boxer base vehicle!

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
No problem.
You can download multiecuscan and run free in trial mode to see how it does.
If you are happy get the adapter cable and license ( £50) from Gendan
Looks a bit more expensive than that unless I'm looking wrong, and the licence is only for 1 year.
1000136580.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
Note if you are altering the set tyre pressures you must work in bar not psi.
James
No security gateway fitted then ?

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
If you find yourself near Southampton , I could have a go with Diagbox for you....
I was born in Southampton, it's not a million miles away from Poole.
I'll be travelling up to Winchester next week.
Thanks for the offer I'll pm you...

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
2018 boxer base alko AMC chasis registered 69 plate,
Multiecuscan software £50 License
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005ZWM0R4/?tag=mhf04-21 £59
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BW9GFS47/?tag=mhf04-21 £12
Changed setting in BAR not PSI as previously mentioned by Jimuck
If it doesn't work you can send the cables back(y) but don't see why it wouldn't:unsure:
Brilliant, I was looking directly on the Gendan website not Amazon.

This is OBDLink SX which includes a free license key for OBDwiz PC diagnostics software for Windows PCs, laptops, and netbooks, which works exclusively with OBDLink products.
So it's not Multiecuscan software, but does it work?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
I have the multiecuscan software on a laptop and all the cables, happy to post it to you if you want to have a play and then return it to me!
That's another kind offer thank-you.
Not sure about your laptop through the post both ways, I'd be concerned.
Sleeveless has offered to try out his Lexia/Diagbox near Southampton so I'm trying to sort out a meet up with him first.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Select Spirit
Exp
Newbie (2020)
Okididledoke, the laptop has been lent out to a number of funsters, mainly for Air Bag module resets it travels well !

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
Okididledoke, the laptop has been lent out to a number of funsters, mainly for Air Bag module resets it travels well !
I'll bear that in mind.
Has it ever changed TPMS pressures on a Peugeot Boxer to your knowledge?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Select Spirit
Exp
Newbie (2020)
Not to my knowledge, as far as I am aware its only been used for Air bag module resets, but it might have been used for other things!

OP
OP
BobJayne
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic
Not to my knowledge, as far as I am aware its only been used for Air bag module resets, but it might have been used for other things!
Don't get me started on Airbag ECUs, that was another expensive repair last year!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back