Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
OK so we have swapped to an Rv aptly named Harvey who is getting some TLC and needs his shower plughole de gunging! I have used 4 litres of cheap coke already and pulled out lots of hair but think there is more deeper down. Is it safe to use a drain unblocker like Mr muscle? If not any suggestions please?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Jet washer head in hole with a rag round it to help with the spray back:)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I believe Mr Muscle is safe to use on plastic pipes, it comes in a polythene bottle and your pipes are made of a similar material. I have used it on a number of occasions without any problems in our Rapido.

Please bear in mind that some motorhome pipes are push fit and not solvent welded, particularly waste pipes which are not under and pressure when in use. I would be wary of using my power washer or anything that creates a lot of pressure as if there is a severe blockage you may blow apart a push fit type fitting or disturb it if you have any, thus causing a leak. Of course, the problem is that if you cannot see the whole length of the pipe you won't know if you have push fit or not and you won't know you have caused a leak till water seeps out somewhere.

I think your best option is Mr Muscle or similar but read the labels first.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Be careful not to mix different chemicals in your shower waste, as they can react. I once was sent to a job by my then boss to unblock a bath waste with a drain cleaner, the customer didn't say that they had tried other things .I poured the drain cleaner down the plug hole and instantly there was lots of steam and terrible fumes. I held my breath opened the bathroom window rapidly exited the bathroom and shut the door. When I later went into the bathroom the plastic bath had melted at the plug hole and the chrome waste fitting was totally black. After that episode I always asked first on similar jobs.

John.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I cleaned all my pipes and tank with calgon and very hot water one or two pots of boiling water will clear any fats grees fot the pipes and any residual detergents
then in a plastic container dissolve minimum of five calgon tabs to one gallon of very hot water the more you can desolve the better
pore down each drain equable amounts
leve over night flush with very hot water job done
drive round with solution in tank till next Tim you empty and you will have a nice clean tank
repeat once a year
bill

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Cup of bicarbonate of soda down the plug hole, tip about half a litre of clear vinegar in after it and hold your hand over the plug hole. One of the best natural cleaners of drains there is.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
NEAR to topic,BUT this is "Fun" Forums. Norde engineering Matlock,my old mate,long gone now K.S. was apprentice. "K,the bogs are blocked,can you clear them ?" K,tried and as a last resort,pushed the Jack hammer compressor hose down a loo and fired up the motor in the yard........... He managed to dodge the flying manhole cover and......... excrement ? (Oh thrice LOL) and switched off the compressor. After cleaning the toilet block,cars and yard,he was amazed that he still had a job. They don't make bosses like that anymore. He passed over in '85,"Miss him ? Yes,happy days.
Tea Bag

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i would never put any chemicals down a drain that doesnt run away if it doesnt work youve now got pipes full of corrosive chemicals to dismantle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Hi.
NEAR to topic,BUT this is "Fun" Forums. Norde engineering Matlock,my old mate,long gone now K.S. was apprentice. "K,the bogs are blocked,can you clear them ?" K,tried and as a last resort,pushed the Jack hammer compressor hose down a loo and fired up the motor in the yard........... He managed to dodge the flying manhole cover and......... excrement ? (Oh thrice LOL) and switched off the compressor. After cleaning the toilet block,cars and yard,he was amazed that he still had a job. They don't make bosses like that anymore. He passed over in '85,"Miss him ? Yes,happy days.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
Travelbug1

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Thanks teabag, now can't type for laughing so much! Fun though the jack hammer trick sounds I do need the rv in one piece so will pass on that method of unblocking! It's the shower in the rv that is clogged full of hair hence my muscle as it needs to be broken down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back