Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 8, 2022
bury st edmunds
Funster No
MH
Boxer Peugot 2001
Exp
Hi there Everyone,

This is not so much a question here, but a RESULT from the company above.

I bought a Bentley Motorhome from the company above dealing with a Broker Called Bill in Norfolk. It was a top of the range Bentley, with AirCon, as I am planning a trip abroad next year, but looking for a buddy to accompany me, as I am a novice at this thing ! hahah

Anyway, drove it home on the first afternoon from HOLT about 5 weeks ago, to find that the Aircon was NOT WORKING AT ALL. No re-gassing, I was told at the garage, it is a complete unit, as I had it tested the following week.

I kept the Broker informed, and he then informed the Seller, I WAS NOT HAPPY, but he said, well it was working last year for me ! Rubish said the engineer, as he said it was so corroded, there was no way it would have worked for years !

My point was? it was SOLD with this facility, and one of the main reasons of buying it too ! Anyway, the Seller, would NOT BUDGE, and I had numerous emails back and forth to the Broker, etc, and last night the Broker rang, to say, that he values his Reputation (as one of the arguments was that he should have checked this over, he said, he did queries this when he took it out, n again the seller came back with the same reply, It was working last year," grrrrrr.

Anyway, I took it to a garage, that can fit one and gave me an invoice, to email to the broker, and the BROKER has paid for the Invoice out of his own pocket ! What a RESULT! I am sad, that it had to come to this, but the Broker, realised also, that it should be on the Tick list, and AIRCON was NOT on the TickList, even though it was SOLD with this facility, so this will now be changed for the future. So there are very Reputable companies who actually want their customers to have a good feeling and good feedback even if something is not done properly ! Well done Motorhomedepot.com

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hi there Everyone,

This is not so much a question here, but a RESULT from the company above.

I bought a Bentley Motorhome from the company above dealing with a Broker Called Bill in Norfolk. It was a top of the range Bentley, with AirCon, as I am planning a trip abroad next year, but looking for a buddy to accompany me, as I am a novice at this thing ! hahah

Anyway, drove it home on the first afternoon from HOLT about 5 weeks ago, to find that the Aircon was NOT WORKING AT ALL. No re-gassing, I was told at the garage, it is a complete unit, as I had it tested the following week.

I kept the Broker informed, and he then informed the Seller, I WAS NOT HAPPY, but he said, well it was working last year for me ! Rubish said the engineer, as he said it was so corroded, there was no way it would have worked for years !

My point was? it was SOLD with this facility, and one of the main reasons of buying it too ! Anyway, the Seller, would NOT BUDGE, and I had numerous emails back and forth to the Broker, etc, and last night the Broker rang, to say, that he values his Reputation (as one of the arguments was that he should have checked this over, he said, he did queries this when he took it out, n again the seller came back with the same reply, It was working last year," grrrrrr.

Anyway, I took it to a garage, that can fit one and gave me an invoice, to email to the broker, and the BROKER has paid for the Invoice out of his own pocket ! What a RESULT! I am sad, that it had to come to this, but the Broker, realised also, that it should be on the Tick list, and AIRCON was NOT on the TickList, even though it was SOLD with this facility, so this will now be changed for the future. So there are very Reputable companies who actually want their customers to have a good feeling and good feedback even if something is not done properly ! Well done Motorhomedepot.com
That's a good result of sorts. I'd now be very nervous about what other kit on the van isn't working, the seller will claim had been working or is on very limited life span.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Good to hear.
If we decide to try and sell ours again it is possible we will give them a try.
Confusing me when you mention Bentley motorhome............or is it me, again:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back