Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 11, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi
If anyone is planning to travel to Greece, we did it Sept/Oct last year in our motorhome 2008 Frankia I680. We kept a dairy, and I have uploaded to YouTube our thoughts and experiences we had throughout the journey. If you are planning a similar journey you might find it helpful or at least I hope interesting.
Stage One is UK to Ancona
Stage Two is our Greek Stops
Safe and enjoyable journey
Regards Derek

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
If anyone is planning to travel to Greece, we did it Sept/Oct last year in our motorhome 2008 Frankia I680. We kept a dairy, and I have uploaded to YouTube our thoughts and experiences we had throughout the journey. If you are planning a similar journey you might find it helpful or at least I hope interesting.
Stage One is UK to Ancona
Stage Two is our Greek Stops
Safe and enjoyable journey
Regards Derek

Derek,

It was all well done and your descriptions of places I already know , like Nefpaktos and Nafplion were accurate.

I know a lot of Greece from sailing my boat based there for 30 years. We also took the MH there in 2021 and 2023, around the Peloponnese and Patmos island.

I was hoping to pick up tips on more remote beaches and small fishing villages that we might have missed on those trips, but you seem to go from town to town and to places with a lot of bars and restaurants - and so quickly.

We are on the ferry Ancona-Patras on 26th Aug for a month, just on the Peloponnese, because we are returning via Bari and want to spend more time wandering up through Italy.

Geoff

OP
OP
D
Jul 11, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Derek,

It was all well done and your descriptions of places I already know , like Nefpaktos and Nafplion were accurate.

I know a lot of Greece from sailing my boat based there for 30 years. We also took the MH there in 2021 and 2023, around the Peloponnese and Patmos island.

I was hoping to pick up tips on more remote beaches and small fishing villages that we might have missed on those trips, but you seem to go from town to town and to places with a lot of bars and restaurants - and so quickly.

We are on the ferry Ancona-Patras on 26th Aug for a month, just on the Peloponnese, because we are returning via Bari and want to spend more time wandering up through Italy.

Geoff
Hi Geoff
This was our third visit and on the others we had covered a lot of the historical wonders including Meteora (a must) This time we decided to return to the places we really liked, mostly Gialova and Pylos. The Gulf of Navarino is a spectacular area. We moved quickly because it is a long way and we wanted to stay 5 days in Parga and 14 days in Gialova.
I used to sail too mainly in the Uk and did seven Flotilla sailing holidays with three in Greece. Loved it.
Thanks for your comments
Regards Derek

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back