motorhome depot.com anyone used (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 16, 2024
Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
dipping a toe
See a lot of vans sellers using this site. Do they have any liability should a deal go pear shaped, or does that still fully reside with the seller and buyer, and they are just an advertising portal and financial middleman. I have to say I'm wary about turning up in a street somewhere and transferring a large sum to a stranger, guess van sellers also have some discomfort too. There is some comfort in dealing with a business and insistig on using a credit card for the deposit.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Ive sold 2 vans via MHD, quite happy. never bought but they seemed professional enough. They are purely an introductory agent with commision, similar to an estate agent I spose

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sold through them and very happy with the transaction.

They offered our buyers a guarantee as our van was checked and serviced by their recommended garages.

We did have a couple of queries from the buyers about the self leveling and the alarm - both queries could have been answered by reading the manuals or phoning the suppliers but never mind.

Our biggest issue was that although we had told van bitz we'd sold the van the new owners took their time in giving van bitz their details so we were notified of alarms a number of times!!

Having sold privately in the past we found MHD were quick to sort out the time wasters and given our personal situation at the time the commission was money well allocated.

I would both sell and buy from MHD in future but please be aware that the local agents are a franchise so service may vary from area to area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
AT Expedition 68
I was going to sell mine through them but too much messing around so just sold it private in the end. It’s easier and cheaper to put on eBay and autotrader yourself imo

Upvote 0
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
The only dealings I have had with them is on the epic long hunt for my latest motorhome (Dont laugh but it took me a decade to find a replacement for the Kontiki (Hank the Tank). A few times I contacted Motorhome Depot salesmen about a particular van and they knew nothing. All I got was "ill have to contact the seller" and it some cases I never heard back. So I would suggest if you use them you give them as much detailed information as possible as a crib sheet.

I bought private in the end and I sold my old van on Facebook Market place in less than 24 hours. Could have sold it six times over. Its still a sellers market so selling your van should be easy as long as you are realistic and open about everything I reckon.

Word of warning about Facebook market place though. Don't give out your phone number, do it through messages. Its pretty easy to work out the genuine buyers from the pond life and scammers.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2023
Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I bought our existing van through them, although it was only one year old, I paid for an independant habitation report from an engineer of my choice, I am based in glenrothes Fife and the van was in south Wales so needed to be sure it was fit for purpose before flying down to pick it up and parting with my hard earned cash, I was extremely happy with the van and could not fault the MHD guy who picked us up at the airport to view the van and introduce us to the elderly owner who gave us the reason for selling a one year old van with only 1k miles on it, I had negotiated the price of the van down before viewing, I would imagine it was the vendor who agreed to take the hit as I think MHD will look for a fixed fee for advertising the van.
Alan.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We took a small reduction in the price of ours as we had expected. The reduction (ÂŁ500) was split 50/50 between us and the MHD rep at his suggestion.

Upvote 0
Dec 21, 2014
Littleborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
2015 for a year then a break. Now a newbie again!
Only bought through them near Nottingham. Good service. The depot I used is now called Rove! (that's their exclamation mark, not mine)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hunting
I'm currently in lengthy conversation with one of their agents, would much rather deal with the owner directly, but I understand their reasons for employing MHD to facilitate a sale. Let's just say they're not exactly earning their 10% commission so far.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The sellers can't deal directly due to the contract of course.

I was happy to pay the commission as at a vulnerable time it protected us.

Upvote 0

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Ive sold 2 vans via MHD, quite happy. never bought but they seemed professional enough. They are purely an introductory agent with commision, similar to an estate agent I spose
I bought mine from the derby branch and it was fantastic was 7 yrs old with 5900 miles on.

Did have to fix a few things but they where all little things

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back