More greeting faced locals complaining about motorhomes (35 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The latest whining from the nc500 lot is now about people putting little padlocks with their names on it on a bridge in Inverness. I think I've seen this in nearly every country I've visited to date. It's been happening for years . Now I know the Highlands is a little more remote ( Inverness isn't) but I refuse to believe that the locals have never encountered this trend by tourists before. Personally I think it's quite cute and does no harm whatsoever. One local numpty was quoted saying he was concerned about the weight and the bridge could collapse.

I swear the Scottish sun newspaper is deliberately trying to wind folk up with their daily nc500 stories.
The old bridge at matlock was damaged by the weight of the padlocks so people were asked to stop doing it. It started over 100 years ago and they are known as love locks ..together forever or everlasting love.
I often wonder how many lasted the course ?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The old bridge at matlock was damaged by the weight of the padlocks so people were asked to stop doing it. It started over 100 years ago and they are known as love locks ..together forever or everlasting love.
Likely excuse lol.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Maybe it was caused by overweight motorhomes or some were attaching millstones?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back