Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
Does anyone have any up to date ( believe things may have changed recently ) info re buying insurance at the border from Croatia into Montenegro , was hoping to go tomorrow but can’t seem to confirm if it’s still
Possible to purchase at the border
Comfort doesn’t cover us !

OP
OP
Minnie
Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
I have now crossed border from Croatia into Montenegro.( Karasovici) You can in fact buy third party insurance there but be warned the office shuts at 3pm cash dispenser outside office.

Into Albania ( shkoder ) also available to buy , cash only , any currency apparently, €89 for :h:.5 t
No cash machine there.
Can also buy from same company in first big town after the border which is shkoder
Cash machine in the town.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
I have now crossed border from Croatia into Montenegro.( Karasovici) You can in fact buy third party insurance there but be warned the office shuts at 3pm cash dispenser outside office.

Into Albania ( shkoder ) also available to buy , cash only , any currency apparently, €89 for :h:.5 t
No cash machine there.
Can also buy from same company in first big town after the border which is shkoder
€89 per 1/2 tonne!!!????

Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)

No cash machine there.
Hi, I used my card for the insurance at the Albanian border last month. One bloke asked for cash but when I said I only had the card, he called in his colleague who could use the card machine (although I don't see why he couldn't !). They will ask you at the border if you have insurance and if not, will direct you to the office to get it.

I didn't have insurance in Montenegro as honestly didn't think about it and wasn't questioned about it at the border.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Minnie
Aug 27, 2018
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and B Smove
Exp
Since 2018
Hi, I used my card for the insurance at the Albanian border last month. One bloke asked for cash but when I said I only had the card, he called in his colleague who could use the card machine (although I don't see why he couldn't !). They will ask you at the border if you have insurance and if not, will direct you to the office to get it.

I didn't have insurance in Montenegro as honestly didn't think about it and wasn't questioned about it at the border.
We weren’t asked about insurance at either border , only when coming into Greece.
The guy in Albania was emphatic that he couldn’t take the card even when I said I would have to leave it. Couldn’t see any evidence of a card machine or signs for cards. 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back