Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Just bought a 2022 kyacht 59 on a fiat. Having a few niggles and need a bit of funster help please. Two things we'd like some help with are:
1. How do we stop central locking activating after a couple of minutes and potentially locking us out if we haven't remembered the keys?
2. Hubby fused 12v power supply to tele, anyone know where to find the fuse? (it's not in the main 12v unit)

Thanks in anticipation :giggle:

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
The electrics on our 2010 Burstner on a Fiat base are controlled by a Schaudt Elektroblok 99. There is a blade fuse on that that controls power to the TV socket...( 2nd from right, bottom row)

20221015_113138.jpg

Good Luck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thanks everyone, we're taking the van back to the dealer next week to sort out a few niggles and they're going to sort out the TV problem as well 🤞

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
In our 2021 Ducato the auto-activating central locking can be turned off in the settings menu using the little square buttons to the right of the steering wheel (same ones you use for setting clock, etc.). Need to scroll through the various options.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Just bought a 2022 kyacht 59 on a fiat. Having a few niggles and need a bit of funster help please. Two things we'd like some help with are:
1. How do we stop central locking activating after a couple of minutes and potentially locking us out if we haven't remembered the keys?
2. Hubby fused 12v power supply to tele, anyone know where to find the fuse? (it's not in the main 12v unit)

Thanks in anticipation :giggle:
Unfortunately you can't disable autolock on most model's, as we have asked dealer to try to modify hab door lock without any sucess 🙈 We have to pop the driver's door after unlocking then it will all stay open, a pain in the proverbial but we used to it now ! As a precaution I alway's carry the spare hab/garage/gas door key with me, as with a bit of force it will open a locked hab door 🙏 Handy to have when setting up and leaving anyway, saves carrying main key's to drop down a drain lol 🤣

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
In our 2021 Ducato the auto-activating central locking can be turned off in the settings menu using the little square buttons to the right of the steering wheel (same ones you use for setting clock, etc.). Need to scroll through the various options.
I was under the impression autolocking enable/disable via the cab monitor or steering wheel will only stop it locking on driving away. If set will also only unlock either when put in park (Auto) or handbrake applied and ignition off 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 1
Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
As noted by Sammy, we have got into the habit of opening and shutting the cab door after unlocking. That way the central locking doesn’t re-engage.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Another one who has to open and shut cab door after unlocking to prevent auto lock and now very careful to never let go of the keys

Upvote 1
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
I asked this question some time ago , on our 2023 Fiat it locks itself after a minute or two, I always open a cabin door to stop auto locking as it locked with keys inside luckily wife was inside, I emailed Fiat weeks ago about disconnecting and heard nothing, it's frustrating.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096df
In case this helps - I have a 2023 Rapido 8096df - The auto relocking problem was a real issue for us as the vehicle is an A-class and only has one cab door that is rarely used.
The habitation door is the one we use all the time.
Having used the FIAT key fob to unlock the vehicle and then entered via the habitation door - the vehicle would relock after about a minute (most of the time).

Note: This is not to be confused with auto-locking which is a setting in the FIAT console to auto lock doors once you get above about 20 mph.

I believe the auto relocking was because the FIAT electricals had not registered the habitation door opening - The cab door was working OK (no auto relock) if you decided to enter that way.

I was convinced that it was the habitation door handle that was the problem as sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not.
I checked the internal door switch with a multimeter and it seemed to be working fine (using the resistance setting to tell me whether the switch was open circuit or closed circuit)

So maybe the problem was elsewhere.

I then looked at the electrical contacts near the the door hinge (I believe these replace the old physical wires from door to MH body that used to break after a lot of use)
I believe two of the plunger contacts are used to power the central locking in the door (the bottom two)
I believe the other two plunger contacts at the top are used to communicate the door open/closed signal.
They should show the same open circuit or close circuit signal that the main door switch (above) was showing.

This did not seem to be working reliably, so I believe that the plunger type electrical connections in the door were not working well.

I wiggled the plunger contacts around / pushed them in and out - and it seemed to improve matters.
I then used some switch cleaning lubricant on the plungers - and the auto relocking problem has gone away for now - with the digital dashboard reliably registering the habitation door open event and hence no auto relocking after a minute.

In conclusion - If your vehicle is auto relocking after a about a minute - then there is a problem with your habitation door not talking to your FIAT electricals - Maybe a bad contact - Maybe a broken wire - Maybe a design flaw with the vehicle not communicating correctly to the FIAT electricals.

I hope this helps - I have read a lot of theories about auto relocking - but never seen much resolution of the issue.

Internal-Switch-Rapido-Hab-Door.jpg

Habitation-Door-Electrical-contacts.jpg

Electrical-Switch-Lubricant.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Thanks for the info dave, it's back at the dealers towards the end of the month so will see what they have to say. We think the same with being an a class , at home it's ok as we use the front door for access but away we use the hab door and it's only a matter of time before we are locked out.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8096df
Thanks for the info dave, it's back at the dealers towards the end of the month so will see what they have to say. We think the same with being an a class , at home it's ok as we use the front door for access but away we use the hab door and it's only a matter of time before we are locked out.
I am so pleased to get this fixed on my Rapido - It was the last spoiler to get sorted - very pleased with our 8096df - Make sure you join the Rapido Owners group on facebook if you have not done so already.- Lots of owners there with lots of knowledge - some of which might be right

Upvote 0

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
In case this helps - I have a 2023 Rapido 8096df - The auto relocking problem was a real issue for us as the vehicle is an A-class and only has one cab door that is rarely used.
The habitation door is the one we use all the time.
Having used the FIAT key fob to unlock the vehicle and then entered via the habitation door - the vehicle would relock after about a minute (most of the time).

Note: This is not to be confused with auto-locking which is a setting in the FIAT console to auto lock doors once you get above about 20 mph.

I believe the auto relocking was because the FIAT electricals had not registered the habitation door opening - The cab door was working OK (no auto relock) if you decided to enter that way.

I was convinced that it was the habitation door handle that was the problem as sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not.
I checked the internal door switch with a multimeter and it seemed to be working fine (using the resistance setting to tell me whether the switch was open circuit or closed circuit)

So maybe the problem was elsewhere.

I then looked at the electrical contacts near the the door hinge (I believe these replace the old physical wires from door to MH body that used to break after a lot of use)
I believe two of the plunger contacts are used to power the central locking in the door (the bottom two)
I believe the other two plunger contacts at the top are used to communicate the door open/closed signal.
They should show the same open circuit or close circuit signal that the main door switch (above) was showing.

This did not seem to be working reliably, so I believe that the plunger type electrical connections in the door were not working well.

I wiggled the plunger contacts around / pushed them in and out - and it seemed to improve matters.
I then used some switch cleaning lubricant on the plungers - and the auto relocking problem has gone away for now - with the digital dashboard reliably registering the habitation door open event and hence no auto relocking after a minute.

In conclusion - If your vehicle is auto relocking after a about a minute - then there is a problem with your habitation door not talking to your FIAT electricals - Maybe a bad contact - Maybe a broken wire - Maybe a design flaw with the vehicle not communicating correctly to the FIAT electricals.

I hope this helps - I have read a lot of theories about auto relocking - but never seen much resolution of the issue.

View attachment 944372

View attachment 944373

View attachment 944404
A very useful post. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Another alternative on the self locking scenario, is once remotely opened just leave the hab door propped open, this work's once you've set up and don't need to access the cab door's. Especially if you've been out and locked up, the hab door will not lock if door open, hence you can then open and shut as many times as you like, just remote lock it say going to bed !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back