C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Noticed some manufacturers are now offering the Ford Transit Mk8 as a base vehicle option. To me it looks bloody ugly with that large front nose
icon_eek.gif
. I have the Transit custom for work and am really impressed with everything about it. Any members bought the Transit coupled to a coachbuilt ? Wondering how it is comparing to Fiats or Peugots ?

Thanks Mark

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I have a Chausson on a 155hp Mk8 Transit and can't praise it enough. It's lovely to drive, has a super gearbox and a small steering wheel and the only thing I can compare it with is driving a car. I get 29 mpg after running it in a bit.

I haven't driven a new Fiat, but it's a quantum leap better than my last Peugeot, which almost felt agricultural by comparison. If I nit picked, I could say the gearing is a little high, but as long as you reserve sixth gear for motorways it's fine. I have grown to like the looks as well!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Giant, butt-ugly front grills seem to be the in-thing at the moment. I'm struggling to like any of them (n)

Mind you, as the owner of that well-known supermodel of the vehicle world, the Fiat Doblo, I'm not sure I'm qualified to make any kind of comment :blusher:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Do they suffer with reverse judder. If not why not.........;)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back