Milenco Mirror protectors

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Do Milenco Mirror protectors fit both long arm and medium arm mirrors?
I am no the proud owner on one long arm (existing) and one medium arm mirror. for the 3rd time of asking the old milenco prtector didnt do much protecting. So i'm not spending more than the price of a new mirror £83 on a protector. Its more of a colour skin.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I know they are dearer but I have now fitted Mirror Guard protectors. On our old van the Milenco ones discoloured quite quickly and the MG ones are much more protective.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I’ve got mirror guards. Mirror took a terrific hit in Europe a few weeks ago, sufficient to leave the actual mirror hanging by the wires on the outside of the door.
When I stopped I was just able to put the actual mirror back into the housing.
As far as I’m concerned they have already paid for themselves.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
the1andonly
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The question i asked hasn't been answered yet only the one i didn't need the answer to the clue was in the question ie i'm not spending more than the price of a mirror.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The question i asked hasn't been answered yet only the one i didn't need the answer to the clue was in the question ie i'm not spending more than the price of a mirror.
I tried to delete my answer but it was just over the edit hour. No point in offering advice if it can’t be graciously accepted.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'd spend what they cost, and they aint cheap.

It's not the cost of the mirror, it's the cost of the door as well if the mirror gets ripped out by it's roots.

As far as I'm concerned paid for after one hit where we had minimal damage (about £20), but two others have damage, each with a comma in the price.

Be aware depending on model the left and right mirrors do not have the same cost, as one comes with the temperature gauge and the remote movement, and the other may not.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
A friend of mine has two genuine mirrorguards for sale. He removed them when he sold his van. I know one has a scuff mark. I'll check the price if interested.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
the1andonly
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Be aware depending on model the left and right mirrors do not have the same cost, as one comes with the temperature gauge and the remote movement, and the other may not.
You forgot about the difference between 5W and 16W indicators. As an aside i dont need a temperature sensor i got a spare from the old mirror.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
You forgot about the difference between 5W and 16W indicators. As an aside i dont need a temperature sensor i got a spare from the old mirror.
One of these held on with gaffa tape ?

1720455240897.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
the1andonly
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
in order to be be helpful to anyone searching wanting the answer to the original question. I include the responce from Milenco.
Subject: RE: [External] Ducato mirror protector. A question, does the long arm version fit the medium arm mirror?

Hello

Thanks for sending these over.(photos of mirror assembly)

I have checked with technical and they have said that the Long arm mirrors (protector) will be suitable for you.

Kind regards

Customer Service Enquiries

Milenco Limited
Blackhill Drive
Wolverton Mill
Milton Keynes
MK12 5TS

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Mirrorguards are a far superior product. Had them on old van but they never saw combat. Can't get any for the Carthago and have been clipped twice, fortunately without damage.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-t
The Milenco mirror protectors are great. They protected my mirror in a combined 100mph impact. The other guy’s mirror (on a 4x4 truck) was wrecked.

A lot of people comment on how good different mirror protectors are without having used them in a collision. I do agree that the Milenco ones can discolour. My black ones started to fade and went from shiny to matt. They still did the job though.

Upvote 0

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Our Mirror Guards saved the day for us the other week. A lorry driver belted our mirror with his mirror; his having metal guards around it. The only damage was a few scuff marks on the Mirror Guard. As well as the cost of a replacement mirror and any other associated damage, I'd also factored in the inconvenience of having the MH off the road while being repaired. I consider the money spent on our Mirror Guards was well worth it

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
We have Milenco protectors on our van, which were fitted by a previous owner. Last year we met a French van at combined speed of probably 50mph. Our mirror was trashed as the lower arm snapped and the mirror came out and hit the door. I doubt the mirror guards would have been much help in that instance.
That said I am looking out for a second hand set of short arm Mirror Guards as I do think they are better than the Milenco ones.
I do carry spare mirror glass now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back