Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Sorry I can't help. If you have mice in your van I feel for you. We had mice a few years back and they made a right mess. I keep a strong air freshener in the van now and so far no more mice, don't know if that's why though.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Mice really don't like strong smells.

Essential oils on a tissue in an open glass containers in strategic places worked for us. Must be a glass container as essential oils can eat through plastics and aluminium.

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
As Nirvanauk says...
They don't work..
We had one in the shed and Micky n Minnie had a nest in between the outer and inner walls of shed... 1ft from sonic deterent.... maybe they thought it was a sex toy..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have tried pretty much everything over the years. The only thing that has been truly effective sadly is peanut butter in a trap.
You can try the humane traps and release them but that is illegal.

Any deterrent will only work for so long if you have an attractive place for them. If it is warm, dry and sheltered they will learn to tolerate pretty much anything from smells to sounds. Even humans stomping around within feet will not scare them off.

I have trapped 20 in the last 2 weeks. Last 2 days are my first days mouse free. But they breed rapidly so they will be back.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I have tried pretty much everything over the years. The only thing that has been truly effective sadly is peanut butter in a trap.
You can try the humane traps and release them but that is illegal.

Any deterrent will only work for so long if you have an attractive place for them. If it is warm, dry and sheltered they will learn to tolerate pretty much anything from smells to sounds. Even humans stomping around within feet will not scare them off.

I have trapped 20 in the last 2 weeks. Last 2 days are my first days mouse free. But they breed rapidly so they will be back.
The problem I had with peanut butter in a trap was that it worked brilliantly but I think that the smell of the peanut butter was attracting them in.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back