Maxxair fan leaking? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
Hi, currently in Paris for the Olympics and really enjoyed last nights torrential rain! During the night had the Maxxair fan on, all fine and dandy, turned it off and 30+ mins later we had a small leak on the front corner. The Maxxair is fitted in to the a class cab roof over our bed. It’s rained since and not leaked. We’ve had the Maxxair for 18 months and not really used it whilst it’s been raining. We have had some storms during that time whilst it’s closed and it’s never leaked.

So a question for people who have a Maxxair. Is there a situation where rain water can gain access when it’s open and then somehow be tipped into the interior?

PS, We are slightly nose down.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi, currently in Paris for the Olympics and really enjoyed last nights torrential rain! During the night had the Maxxair fan on, all fine and dandy, turned it off and 30+ mins later we had a small leak on the front corner. The Maxxair is fitted in to the a class cab roof over our bed. It’s rained since and not leaked. We’ve had the Maxxair for 18 months and not really used it whilst it’s been raining. We have had some storms during that time whilst it’s closed and it’s never leaked.

So a question for people who have a Maxxair. Is there a situation where rain water can gain access when it’s open and then somehow be tipped into the interior?

PS, We are slightly nose down.

There have been reports on the internet of water bouncing in when there have been heavy downpours and the Maxxair fan canopy has been up.
Wind blowing onto the rear of the open canopy would not help matters.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I’ve sealed my top and bottom section together. Easily removed with a blade, but I could see it being a problem, hence me sealing it.
Personally wouldn’t worry about it if it only happens in extreme conditions, but a poor design of a good product.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back