Mango/Fulli Tag. Will it still work??? (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good Morning All,

You may remember? way back in the depths of time, well, 2020 actually, there was a thread
on here about this 'New'!!! ' Super dupa' Toll tag for France, (It might cover other countries
as well ) The Co. was Mango and I recall many of us on Fun applied and some of us had to
jump through Banking hoops because our supplied Banking details wasn't cutting it with our
french cousins.

Cut to 2024 and on my phone I still have the Mango app and I also have a 'Fulli' App as well
because I recall that Mango was merged, taken over by Fulli.

We are soon to go 'over the water' and 'management' recalled me applying for, and receiving
the Tag, Dongle, call it what you will and asked where was it.

I've found said Tag and was wondering if any Funsters are using theirs and more importantly
how does the system work?

We live close to the Tamar bridge and have one of the Tags that gets us across the bridge without
paying cash so we are used to the concept but on that one, we have to preload our Tamar account with money.

My knowledge of the Mango/Fulli Tag is nil and I recall they have got our Banking details so I
assume they bill us should we take use of the Payages. Is that right?

Please feel free to respond as if you were talking to a Five yrs old in this instance as, I KNOW NOTHING!!!

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Physically/electronically the original Mango tag will work just the same as the current Fulli branded ones - mine does with no issues.

More importantly though is to establish that you still have an active account with Fulli. Do you have your original customer account number? If so, download the app and either log in with your details or, if you’ve never registered before, create the account to get going.

If all else fails email or ring Fulli customer service to enquire or reactivate the tag.

And yes, after using any toll roads they will bundle the charges together and invoice and take the money in the month following for France, but can be up to two months for Italy, Spain or Portugal (if you have the tag for those countries as well).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Glad I asked the question.

Next question coming up.

I went into the Fulli App and found that the account linked to it is for a Halifax Current account that I have since closed.
As a result, it is highly likely that the barrier on the Payage would fail to rise.

There is the option on the App to change tha IBAN No. and I have a memory that Mango?Fulli wouldn't accept the
Nationwide IBAN No. when I tried to access the account initially.

Does anyone out there know whether things have changed in the last four years or are the French still saying Non! to NW.

As alternatives I do have a First Direct current and a Revolut card but I suspect the latter will also be a No No.

Over to you.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Hello I got mine the same time as you and did not try it until this year and I set it up to use Revolut itworked a charity no longer mango the it's just Fulli now.
Despite being 72we never have a lot of time for long holidays family reasons.
Sophisticated time we popped on the Plymouth to Santander ferry and made our way up France and crossed back to the UK from france.
It work fantastically even in Spain and when I bought it I didn't ask Mango for Spanish coverage bit it still worked.
It takes a few days to get invoices in your app but at the beginning of the next month I got a notice from Revolut that they would be requesting a payment for the total of the invoices they had sent me on the app and I needed to make sure I had them in a euro account as I had already transferred some money from my Revolut sterling account to a euro account it all went OK I'm pleased to say. I'll be doing just Spain in October and hope it works as well as it did before.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
How tall is your new passion wagon Derek? They have really tightened up on the 3m height restriction. I’d actually be okay paying at class 3 on our Mango (Frulli) tag, but sadly there is no option for this… 😢

We use Starling as the supporting payment account. Very easy to set up!

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Thank you. John-Laika

Thanks to your input I have just transferred my Fulli Acc. from Hx to Revolut.

I look forward, (until the Bill comes???) to using the Tag when we venture to over there.

Revolut works fine for me as well.

But given the 3 year (plus?) lapse since ordering the tag to actual use it might be prudent to just check with Fulli that your tag is actually active before hitting the barrier (not literally I hasten to add!).

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2023
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato 3.0 PVC
Exp
Since 2017
Thank you. John-Laika

Thanks to your input I have just transferred my Fulli Acc. from Hx to Revolut.

I look forward, (until the Bill comes???) to using the Tag when we venture to over there.
Just ensure you have funds on the Euro Account of your Revolut available for the following month. They wont debit from you sterling balance - found that out the first month

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just ensure you have funds on the Euro Account of your Revolut available for the following month. They wont debit from you sterling balance - found that out the first month
What 'Naughty step' did they put you on :rofl:
(Or did they put you on the Cold Hard Shoulder)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Revolut works fine for me as well.

But given the 3 year (plus?) lapse since ordering the tag to actual use it might be prudent to just check with Fulli that your tag is actually active before hitting the barrier (not literally I hasten to add!).
When I went onto the App. everything, (other than the now defunct Bank account) was in
operating order.

Shucks, it's not as if we are hard core Payant customers. In reality, we probably wont use it,
especially as Spain has now gone, for the most part, toll free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
When I went onto the App. everything, (other than the now defunct Bank account) was in
operating order.

Shucks, it's not as if we are hard core Payant customers. In reality, we probably wont use it,
especially as Spain has now gone, for the most part, gone toll free.

Fair enough, but you might not be aware that for an unknown reason even some of those who have linked a Revolut account to their Fulli one have had payment refused. For the cost of an email :)LOL:) to the admin to clarify it’s all up and running before using it in anger and possibly risking a queue of irate automobilistes behind, I’d say it would be money well spent. YMMV of course.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Fair enough, but you might not be aware that for an unknown reason even some of those who have linked a Revolut account to their Fulli one have had payment refused. For the cost of an email :)LOL:) to the admin to clarify it’s all up and running before using it in anger and possibly risking a queue of irate automobilistes behind, I’d say it would be money well spent. YMMV of course.
Thank you,

I have taken your advice.

I'm not thinking of using it on day 1 (or 2&3 either) so they've got time to get back to me.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back