LIFE MEMBER
Mar 12, 2023
Aberdeenshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Ecore 255
Exp
On and off for 30 years
I have a Ducato based Elddis motorhome and it has an LED in the front window pillar that flashes when it is locked and alarmed. Recently the light has stopped flashing. Is this something that I have switched off unknowingly and can it be turned back on again. TIA

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have a Ducato based Elddis motorhome and it has an LED in the front window pillar that flashes when it is locked and alarmed. Recently the light has stopped flashing. Is this something that I have switched off unknowingly and can it be turned back on again. TIA

It's not possible to accidentally or program out the blue LED in the front window pillar, as this is used to indicate the flash codes used to program the alarms features and modes, so it would likely be either the LED, wiring to the LED or something within the electronics of your alarm has failed if your alarm is still arming and disarming.
Have you tried setting your alarm with the Autowatch remote, not the Peugeot remote, and opening a cab door to see if your alarm is actually working ?

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Do you know if it's a VanBitz alarm ?

If so, the blue LED's have a Bright and Dim switch.
(Dim can hardly be seen in sunlight)

There may also be switches to switch the internal PIR on/off and the cycle alarm loop (if fitted) on/off.

On a Mercedes Sprinter based van the switches are by the passengers left knee.
But location would vary depending on the base vehicle.

If it's VanBitz, then they will replace and upgrade the systems as required.
(However they are based about as far away from you as you can get, but they do have a phone!)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back