LPG refill in Morocco (on board tank) (1 Viewer)

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I have been chatting with an American couple who have come to Morocco on impulse but are running out of gas, they only have the on board tank and no barbeque point. I cannot recall anywhere in Morocco to find a refill station does anyone know if it is possible. At this time they are in Marrakesh

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I don't think there is. I seem to recall someone found a garage once but cannot remember who or where.

Not very helpful!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Searching the internet indicates there are no LPG stations in Morocco but if you carry two 11kg Gaslow bottles, that should be enough for about eight weeks without stinting yourself. With fridge and cooking only, we last about six weeks on each bottle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
There are no lpg filling stations in Maroc, we bought a moroccan red gas bottle and tipped it upside down to fill one of our gaslow bottles it took an hour and a half, but worked perfectly well

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
How do they usually fill their tank?

There is definately a gas place, as we saw motorhomes queing to fill up, but cant remember where it was
@tonka @SUGGY @Polar bear

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The only one I know that used to fill tanks and bottles was the gasworks on the coast road just north of Agadir but as far as I am aware, they stopped filling some years back as the volume of motorhomes blocked the entrance to the works.
When the old campsite was open at Tagazout the guy at the shop used to do a daily gas bottle run to the gasworks and fill foreign bottles, but the shop was bulldozed years ago. Sorry I cannot be any further help, but the only other suggestion is to get an outside BBQ point fitted and run a Moroccan gas bottle. A simple fix.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
would one of these help if they can find anywhere that may have them?

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Thanks for your replies, I have advised them to look at Motorhomefun site as we are now at Kenifra on our way to Fez(y)(y)

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
not sure if this would help as ive no idea as to how far away they are from Algeria (which borders Morocco) or even whether you need visas etc to visit, but Algeria seems to have plenty of lpg (autogas)

this is from wikopedia

Algeria[edit]

Since the 1980s, the Algerian government has pursued a policy to promote the use of autogas in Algeria. The two main incentives for the government to put this policy into action were to take advantage of the large LPG production and to reduce urban pollution. At the end of 2003, there were approximately 120,000 autogas-powered vehicles on the roads, supported by over 300 refuelling stations, accounting for 14% of the national vehicle fuel network.[8]

The Algerian government fixes the prices of all automotive fuels. Autogas is priced in Algeria at 61% of the price of diesel, making it an affordable option.[

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
not sure if this would help as ive no idea as to how far away they are from Algeria (which borders Morocco) or even whether you need visas etc to visit, but Algeria seems to have plenty of lpg (autogas)

this is from wikopedia

Algeria[edit]

Since the 1980s, the Algerian government has pursued a policy to promote the use of autogas in Algeria. The two main incentives for the government to put this policy into action were to take advantage of the large LPG production and to reduce urban pollution. At the end of 2003, there were approximately 120,000 autogas-powered vehicles on the roads, supported by over 300 refuelling stations, accounting for 14% of the national vehicle fuel network.[8]

The Algerian government fixes the prices of all automotive fuels. Autogas is priced in Algeria at 61% of the price of diesel, making it an affordable option.[

Its not a good plan to go anywhere near the Algerian border without good body armour.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Its not a good plan to go anywhere near the Algerian border without good body armour.

I dont know what sort of motorhome they have, perhaps it might be suitable for war zones ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back