Long Stay French Visa - Our application and interview/appointment. (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
This was our tried and tested list for 180 day visa. Each applicant needs each one , as each applicant is dealt with separately at the embassy. I also attached an itinerary of our planned stops

IMG_0273.png

Sep 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer b class mct
I know that those of us who are Residents in EU countries are a minority on here, but not a small minority.

I as a Polish Resident am still like most of you restricted to 90/180 anywhere outside Poland, as are all Residents outside their host country, but not Citizens.

I have read the very informative posts about the process of applying for an extended visa for France, which would allow us to tour more weeks in Europe generally since the time in France would not eat into the 90 days. Applying would mean the hassle of travelling to Warsaw to apply and sod's law says that some bit of paper would be wrong and need a return visit.

With no internal border checks inside Schengen I have weighed up the chances of being caught exceeding 90 days, including the fact that we would be travelling in a Polish registered MH so are unlikely to attract attention as being other than Polish Citizens, which OH is anyway.

Even if I were caught I might be fined and if deported I think it would have to be to Poland. Even if banned I doubt whether a French or Spanish government could cancel my Polish Residency. Also the ban would be ineffective without border checks, except if I tried to come into EU other than into Poland. All very remote as to not worry me.

On balance I have decided that if it suited me to exceed 90 days on any one trip I would take the risk. If I exceeded 90 days because of two separate trips within 180 days how would anyone know about the first trip? A trawl through '000s of ANPR cameras to find the registration of one vehicle that 'I had lent to Basia's son' ?

In general I think the authorities will not bother trying to enforce the 90/180 restrictions on Residents of EU countries just travelling, just as they do not enforce the requirement to register in a country after 90 days, unless one settles there. I was over the 90 days when I applied for Residence here and was told 2 years ago that I would receive a £100 fine, nothing happened.

Of course we can blame all this Administrative nonsense on the Napoleonic Code principles which are contrary to Common Law principles. I surmise that if the EU and Schengen acted under Common Law principles then these restrictions within EU/Schengen borders would not exist. Discuss. ;) :giggle:
If your other half is Polish, surely you can travel around the EU at will for as long as you want provided you always travel with your other half?

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
I know that those of us who are Residents in EU countries are a minority on here, but not a small minority.

I as a Polish Resident am still like most of you restricted to 90/180 anywhere outside Poland, as are all Residents outside their host country, but not Citizens.

I have read the very informative posts about the process of applying for an extended visa for France, which would allow us to tour more weeks in Europe generally since the time in France would not eat into the 90 days. Applying would mean the hassle of travelling to Warsaw to apply and sod's law says that some bit of paper would be wrong and need a return visit.

With no internal border checks inside Schengen I have weighed up the chances of being caught exceeding 90 days, including the fact that we would be travelling in a Polish registered MH so are unlikely to attract attention as being other than Polish Citizens, which OH is anyway.

Even if I were caught I might be fined and if deported I think it would have to be to Poland. Even if banned I doubt whether a French or Spanish government could cancel my Polish Residency. Also the ban would be ineffective without border checks, except if I tried to come into EU other than into Poland. All very remote as to not worry me.

On balance I have decided that if it suited me to exceed 90 days on any one trip I would take the risk. If I exceeded 90 days because of two separate trips within 180 days how would anyone know about the first trip? A trawl through '000s of ANPR cameras to find the registration of one vehicle that 'I had lent to Basia's son' ?

In general I think the authorities will not bother trying to enforce the 90/180 restrictions on Residents of EU countries just travelling, just as they do not enforce the requirement to register in a country after 90 days, unless one settles there. I was over the 90 days when I applied for Residence here and was told 2 years ago that I would receive a £100 fine, nothing happened.

Of course we can blame all this Administrative nonsense on the Napoleonic Code principles which are contrary to Common Law principles. I surmise that if the EU and Schengen acted under Common Law principles then these restrictions within EU/Schengen borders would not exist. Discuss. ;) :giggle:
I have spent most of my life avoiding questions where any of the possible answers are not what I wanted to hear. We never asked our kids what they wanted to eat; we told them what they were getting or offered a choice. Same with this question. Avoid if possible.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have spent most of my life avoiding questions where any of the possible answers are not what I wanted to hear. We never asked our kids what they wanted to eat; we told them what they were getting or offered a choice. Same with this question. Avoid if possible.

I am not sure your post was part of the 'Discussion' that I prompted, but never mind. No harm done. My post was nearly a year old.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2022
Western France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Since 2006
I am not sure your post was part of the 'Discussion' that I prompted, but never mind. No harm done. My post was nearly a year old.
Apologies. I am away from home and using a small phone screen. Can’t really explain how that happened though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back