Lokking for good route through irland (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
autosleeper
Hi all
I'm going to irland again for 3 weeks.
Last year we did the Atlantic way, ring of kerry and skareg ring.
We are going to do west cost again but want a nice route through irland starting at Belfast and heading for galway.
Anyone done any good trips and any nice towns to stop at?
Last year we stopped at carrick on Shannon eich was really nice
Looking forward to your replies

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
The Fermanagh Lakeland around Enniskillen is a nice area to visit.
Then follow the coast down to Connemara and spend some time there.
Galway is not very motorhome friendly.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
garry63
Mar 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
autosleeper
Cheers for that I'll have a look.
We did ok last year at galway managed an overnight

Upvote 0

Johnny M

Free Member
Aug 1, 2024
Northumberland, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT CrossOver
Exp
I’m a relative newbie.
I am Irish so here goes….
Belfast to Bushmills - to see the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Reed rope bridge and Bushmills Distillery [the worlds oldest]. The Ballyness Caravan park is a 5 star site and has good reviews.
Bushmills to Malin Head [in the Republic] - most northerly point in Ireland and always mentioned in the BBC Shipping Forecast.
Malin Head to Donegal Town / Letterkenny visiting the Slieve League cliffs [the highest sea cliffs in Europe and top 5 in the world].
Donegal to Sligo
Sligo to Galway - the place has some of the best pubs in Ireland offering some of the best traditional music sessions. It isn’t so Motorhome friendly [as On the Road again pointed out] but it’s worth the hassle.
Galway back to Belfast via Enniskillen [Rushin Park is another highly regarded site there]

Upvote 0
Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
I am Irish so here goes….
Belfast to Bushmills - to see the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Reed rope bridge and Bushmills Distillery [the worlds oldest]. The Ballyness Caravan park is a 5 star site and has good reviews.
Bushmills to Malin Head [in the Republic] - most northerly point in Ireland and always mentioned in the BBC Shipping Forecast.
Malin Head to Donegal Town / Letterkenny visiting the Slieve League cliffs [the highest sea cliffs in Europe and top 5 in the world].
Donegal to Sligo
Sligo to Galway - the place has some of the best pubs in Ireland offering some of the best traditional music sessions. It isn’t so Motorhome friendly [as On the Road again pointed out] but it’s worth the hassle.
Galway back to Belfast via Enniskillen [Rushin Park is another highly regarded site there]
The only thing i would add, if you like caves, Marble Arch caves.
I went there back in the 90s, what I saw was impressive, but could only do a reduced tour as there had been exceptional rainfall and the river was too high, sadly never managed to get back to see it properly.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back